TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Looking to downsize my 2000 R6 to a TW. 17k miles spirited bike that was the personal bike of one of the yamaha of camp hill mechanic's. I low sided it 3 seasons ago to avoid being ran over lol. The frame slider took the brunt of it, no impact, and there's a rash on the nose and tail cowls about the size of a silver dollar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hey folks. Looking to downsize my 2000 R6 to a TW. 17k miles spirited bike that was the personal bike of one of the yamaha of camp hill mechanic's. I low sided it 3 seasons ago to avoid being ran over lol. The frame slider took the brunt of it, no impact, and there's a rash on the nose and tail cowls about the size of a silver dollar.
Sounds like a nice bike. The TW is a great low maintenance bike. I have right at 45,000 miles on mine and it is going strong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it's in great shape minus a little cosmetics. But the pics are recent. I can't have another toy. Do i have to sell and buy or trade.

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
Do i have to sell and buy or trade.
The world’s your oyster as far as that goes – sit tight and see what happens

It would help if you had a sale price - but with a trade that would still be negotiable between the two people concerned - (and you can include your location on your profile)

Take a look at these two threads – the first one is the colour schemes by year, the second is the things that changed (other than the cosmetics)

http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/49393-tws-year-photo-collection.html
http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/59330-changes-year-tw200-help-needed.html

Welcome to the board ……

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Just a straight trade for a TW? Did you knock you head during this crash? Seems like a bad deal on your end, but to each his own I suppose.

Where are you located?
[edit: Google says Camp Hill is in PA]
[edit #2: Craigslist says sportbikes hold their value about as well as used matches, so their value is not as dissimilar as I thought]

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Nice bike.

Both my son's have owned R6's, and they were waaaaaay toooooo fast for me. Judging by all the safety wiring, this bike has seen some track time.

Good luck with the sale or trade, and I hope you find a TW of your liking.

Brian

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice bike.

Both my son's have owned R6's, and they were waaaaaay toooooo fast for me. Judging by all the safety wiring, this bike has seen some track time.

Brian
Posers add the safety wiring stuff to try and fool nonbikers into thinking it's a road legal race bike. I've had to stop calling out the youngsters around here on it. I was almost forced to defend myself because of it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a straight trade for a TW? Did you knock you head during this crash? Seems like a bad deal on your end, but to each his own I suppose.

Where are you located?
[edit: Google says Camp Hill is in PA]
[edit #2: Craigslist says sportbikes hold their value about as well as used matches, so their value is not as dissimilar as I thought]
Lol yea. The market is saturated. I have it listed at 3500 which is a littlehigh but reasonable considering the bike.

I'm in philly. Bike garaged in horsham, but work brings me to camp hill often. Could facilitate a trade in anyof those locales.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice bike.

Brian
Posers add the safety wiring stuff to try and fool nonbikers into thinking it's a road legal race bike. I've had to stop calling out the youngsters around here on it. I was almost forced to defend myself because of it.
It was a track bike. It was the labor of love of a yamaha mechanic. Nothing was deleted or hacked up. I bought it as a track bike And reversed it to the stock plastics. It was never down till i put her down *womp womp* the gentleman still works at yamaha of camp hill. Good dude who can tell you a story of every screw on her.

I think a trade of almost any year past 98 from the tw since they hold value like freacking tacomas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do i have to sell and buy or trade.
The world’s your oyster as far as that goes – sit tight and see what happens

It would help if you had a sale price - but with a trade that would still be negotiable between the two people concerned - (and you can include your location on your profile)

Take a look at these two threads – the first one is the colour schemes by year, the second is the things that changed (other than the cosmetics)

http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/49393-tws-year-photo-collection.html
http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/59330-changes-year-tw200-help-needed.html

Welcome to the board ……
Thanks brother! The pics are broken 😕

1 - 14 of 14 Posts