TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QMy bike started leaking a couple weeks ago, just a drop every couple days or so. Leaking from the front sprocket but not where the shaft meets the case. So I cleaned the chain and surrounding area couldn't locate the leak. Started leaking way worse. Drained it and opened the case and there is a wierd seal where the shaft meets the left side of the case and and its all messed up. I can't seem to find it on any of the diagrams, its a 2012 if it makes a difference any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
There was a thread here about a month ago about replacing that seal. I also helped a few members via PM in doing this. Your going to need a new seal, and a new left side case cover gasket. Also requires draining oilk, so you may want a new oil filter and do that while your at it if it needs it.

BTW, This isn't going to hurt anything, meaning you can still use the bike until you have the parts. At least you can still ride. Just keep an eye on your oil level until then. Just don't wait to long, as it will get worse in time.

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Plate (#28) should still be good, not a wear item. However the bearing eventually needs replacement if it gets gritty or worn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts