TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Why can't people mind their own business? Legally blind doesn't mean totally blind. Somebody can still attack you if you're blind, can't they?
There is low-penetration ammo available, and even shot cartridges. The majority of self-defense shootings occur within 7 yards; in fact most are within contact range. Even a totally blind person might be able to place a revolver loaded with shotshells against an attacker's torso and pull the trigger repeatedly until the attacker leaves them alone. A "legally blind" person might be able to see an attacker well enough to effectively wield a handgun at 7 yards or less.

This is a prime example of what happens when a God-given right is licensed and subjected to a governmental permission process: people who haven't a clue about the subject matter weighing in with their non-thoughts on what should or should not be "allowed."

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
Iowa might soon remove ban from youths under 14 using handguns too.
Never too young to learn firearm safety and proficiency.
On a similar note I drove by a father giving his son tractor lessons today on a compact Kabota, lad looked about 10 hers old, happy and in control.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
This is a prime example of what happens when a God-given right is licensed and subjected to a governmental permission process: people who haven't a clue about the subject matter weighing in with their non-thoughts on what should or should not be "allowed."
So - you’re saying that as Moses was chiselling on those stone tablets — when God said “Thou hast the right to shoot at each other, but try not to kill anyone” — Moses decided not to carve that lot in stone, and abbreviated it to “Thou shalt not kill”

After all, it would have taken Moses a lot longer to complete the task, and he wasn’t looking forward to lugging all that stone back down the mountain later on.

But what Moses didn’t realise, was that God had made a back up copy of the rules, and this copy was discovered and used a basis for the 2nd amendment — which subsequently became known as “The God given right to bear arms”, (mostly because the first amendment prohibits the making of any law impeding the free exercise of religion, and they didn’t want anyone to start petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. Besides, they’d been up all night arguing over the first amendment, and they didn’t want to go through all that again).

As for what God said, and what Moses actually wrote down regarding “Coveting thy neighbour’s ass” — well, that’s another story, but it’s widely believed to be the cause of the 18th amendment ……. :cool:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
So - you’re saying that as Moses was chiselling on those stone tablets — when God said “Thou hast the right to shoot at each other, but try not to kill anyone” — Moses decided not to carve that lot in stone, and abbreviated it to “Thou shalt not kill”

After all, it would have taken Moses a lot longer to complete the task, and he wasn’t looking forward to lugging all that stone back down the mountain later on.

But what Moses didn’t realise, was that God had made a back up copy of the rules, and this copy was discovered and used a basis for the 2nd amendment — which subsequently became known as “The God given right to bear arms”, (mostly because the first amendment prohibits the making of any law impeding the free exercise of religion, and they didn’t want anyone to start petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. Besides, they’d been up all night arguing over the first amendment, and they didn’t want to go through all that again).

As for what God said, and what Moses actually wrote down regarding “Coveting thy neighbour’s ass” — well, that’s another story, but it’s widely believed to be the cause of the 18th amendment ……. :cool:
You know, I think you might be on to something here. I am gathering up my tools of war now and melting them into something more useful. Shackles perhaps?

Tom

Reactions: WECSOG and TWilight

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Why can't people mind their own business? Legally blind doesn't mean totally blind. Somebody can still attack you if you're blind, can't they?
There is low-penetration ammo available, and even shot cartridges. The majority of self-defense shootings occur within 7 yards; in fact most are within contact range. Even a totally blind person might be able to place a revolver loaded with shotshells against an attacker's torso and pull the trigger repeatedly until the attacker leaves them alone. A "legally blind" person might be able to see an attacker well enough to effectively wield a handgun at 7 yards or less.

This!!!! 10000000%

I could not agree with you more

·
Registered
746 Posts

Where did I say anything about any "amendment"? The 2nd amendment to the US constitution is not the basis for the right of Americans, let alone all people everywhere, to defend themselves from aggression by whatever means are at their disposal.

God gave big teeth and claws to badgers, the better to defend themselves. I haven't seen any laws requiring that they be rounded up and those teeth and claws surgically removed.
God gave us opposable thumbs so we can use tools, and the brain power to design and build better tools.
God gave every creature some means to defend itself. Only man is stupid enough or evil enough conceive the notion that he (man) somehow has the right to remove that ability from other people.

Of course, since most Americans don't seem to understand that the constitution doesn't grant us anything, I can't expect someone from GB to know that either. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
I used to teach “Human Rights” law — (amongst other things) — first I’d teach them what their Human Rights are, then I’d go on to show exactly why they didn’t have any.

(It’s the difference between “Qualified rights, and “Absolute rights” if anyone is interested — with the proviso that the Government could change its mind at any moment, and invoke the “Terrorism Act”, which is a constantly shifting goal post).

It’s a bit like Guantanamo Bay ……… ;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Personally, I aim by sense of smell... After all did it not work for "Tommy" and that pin ball machine? (The pinball wizard, not you Little Tommy, sorry.)

And I've always felt that Moses was paraphrasing when he wrote the "Big Ten". Might explain a lot! :eek::D:rolleyes:

Anyway, sure smells like a good day for a quick ride! m.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I go to gunshop that is owned by a blind man. He also is a gunsmith. When I pay in cash I always get correct change, he looks close to see what he's been given. I'm sure he can shoot at close range, by sound and vision he has.

He also has large Lab that keeps eye on things.

Would tell you where it's at, but he has .22 ammo, as much as I want!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gun groups are working on changing several laws:
Letting children under 14 shoot guns when parent is with them.
Letting utv and atv riders carry handguns.
Hearing protection act, allowing silencers.

Last I knew it passed house, going to senate.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I think that some one here is confused about what the US constitution is and what it means. The constitution and more importantly the Bill Of Rights are restrictions by the people ("We The People") on the government, NOT the other way around.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think that some one here is confused about what the US constitution is and what it means. The constitution and more importantly the Bill Of Rights are restrictions on by the people ("We The People") on the government, NOT the other way around.
Exactly. And the rights it mentions already existed. They were not brought into existence by being thus mentioned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts