TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the most delightful visit from Mrs. Admiral, her dear friend Karen and her daughter Kari!!!
(By the way, I should mention that Mrs. Admiral (Lori) does not in any way look old enough to have any daughters) I am sure Kris and Lori adopted!! (Kris; dude; you scored big time!! What a lovely lady Lori is.... just sayin. I had the greatest time. We yacked and yacked and yacked. It was so fun and we had lots of laughs. I was yacking so much that I didn't even have enough time to finish a burrito in two hours. (believe me, that doesn't happen often!!) Thanks Lori, Kari and Karen!!
It's not often that I get to hang out with, not one, but three beautiful gals!!! :p

I have also been fortunate enough to have met Plumbstraight and GinaMarie in the past too!!

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you had a nice time LT. Yes, Miss Lori is incredibly vivacious and charming. I noticed quite a few in Moab were similarly smitten.
She is such a lovely lady!! She's got a great personality and always a huge smile!! I was really blessed to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like Mel said, "The secret LT is that it all starts in Moab!!!!!!"

I think I have met more than 60 people on this forum...in person. I am intentionally and deliberately "waiting" to meet LittleTommy, in person. :p

Once you've been to Moab, and meet the riders from New York, Ohio, Indiana, Mississippi, Louisiana, Utah, Arizona, California, Oregon, Nevada, and of course...Washington..............
then you need to go to a gathering in Central Calif...and meet all those Misfits, and then................go on over to Fred's Big Sky Ranch, and meet all those Misfits........then down to the Ride & Shoot, to meet a few more Misfits.

This world is filled with Misfits........but the best kind............are TW200 Misfits. :D
In my defense, my health had slipped a bit and other "more important needs" came up that I could not ignore at the time of some of these gatherings, otherwise I would have made it to a couple of them. ;)

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Moab 094.JPG And one of the nice new things about Idaho's Miss Misfit is she now rides a TW! Go Lori Go! (Staged Photo..one sip was all she had)
Indeed the pleasure of meeting all of you to date has been surprisingly rewarding and memorable.
Gonna be a lot of new face to meet in Moab2016, almost forty, almost evenly split between "Dry" campers and ArchView campground attendees.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just had the most delightful visit from Mrs. Admiral, her dear friend Karen and her daughter Kari!!!
!
Ah Tommy, you’re too kind! I too had a delightful time. It was truly a pleasure to meet you and spend a few hours chatting about life. You are definitely a one of kind great person and I feel blessed to have met you. After we left my daughter (19) said to me that “Tommy made my heart happy”. That’s a huge compliment coming from an “it’s all about me teenage girl!”

I wish we had more time to spend with you – unfortunately the mall was calling my daughter’s name and we had to go spend some time shopping. Well, she shopped and I followed with the money… much like The Admiral does when I go shopping….

Next time we will plan more time so you can actually finish your burrito! Oh, and I promise The Admiral will be invited to join us too. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still feel bad that we were yacking a hundred miles an hour and the girls didn't get much of a chance to talk!! Lori, I had a super great time and you are a lovely classy lady. I enjoyed the time with you immensely, thank you so much!!! Admiral did miss out!!! ha ha :D I sent you a PM yesterday. I would like your last name and address please.

*Mudbug was thrilled that you have taken up riding a TW!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah, I had a kind visit from b882 a couple of years back when he came over to sort out my new 2014. Been running just fine ever since. THANKS jb.

Will

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've only been a member since this Spring but I've met Hoot and Montezuma near their stomping grounds in Ohio and met Borneo and gnsrfn a little over a week ago at the advrider 2015 Loose Nut SE Indiana ride. I obviously rode with another member here but neither of us knew the other was a TW owner wannabe haha. Everyone I've met so far have been great people with interesting lives.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Between attending Cow Mtn , Moab and a Russell memorial rides , plus a few hosted group rides here I have had the pleasure of meeting over thirty fellow forum members. Hang around these misfits enough and soon you'll be sounding like Will Rodgers: "Never met a T-duber I didn't like"

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
I was going to say "fifty" but thought that might be overstating things a bit since some of those misfit riders were redundant misfits. Freely admit that if I started listing names I might be surprised at the total number but with only 10 toes and 10 fingers I lose count pretty quickly.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Between attending Cow Mtn , Moab and a Russell memorial rides , plus a few hosted group rides here I have had the pleasure of meeting over thirty fellow forum members. Hang around these misfits enough and soon you'll be sounding like Will Rodgers: "Never met a T-duber I didn't like"
I suppose if you count all the multiple personalities or those folks with “previously or also known as” names then you could really say you’ve met hundreds of us misfits.....

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I've been guided around by J.B.Fla and Longroof. Both great guys and they sure know the area. Thank you both.
Hi X, i need to ride down to see you for lunch one day.

Xracer and Longroof

Thanks to GapRunner, we east coast guys have the opportunity to visit annually at the Turtlepalooza:

jb

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
(By the way, I should mention that Mrs. Admiral (Lori) does not in any way look old enough to have any daughters) I am sure Kris and Lori adopted!! (Kris; dude; you scored big time!! What a lovely lady Lori is.... just sayin. I had the greatest time. We yacked and yacked and yacked. It was so fun and we had lots of laughs. I was yacking so much that I didn't even have enough time to finish a burrito in two hours. (believe me, that doesn't happen often!!) Thanks Lori, Kari and Karen!!
It's not often that I get to hang out with, not one, but three beautiful gals!!! :p

I have also been fortunate enough to have met Plumbstraight and GinaMarie in the past too!!
LT dude, you are a VERY lucky dude for sure!

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd love to meet you too someday brother Larry!! :)

I was for-sure the "ugly duckling" sitting amongst those beautiful gals, and I sure did enjoy it too!! :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'd love to meet you too someday brother Larry!! :)
Will do LT, hopefully in Moab! I'll look you up next time I'm on the dry side too.

I was for-sure the "ugly duckling" sitting amongst those beautiful gals, and I sure did enjoy it too!! :D
I would've taken a ton of selfies with those ladies LOOKING LIKE A BOSS! I'm sure everyone around was jealous of you.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts