TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Haynes or Clymer not make a TW manual? They make one for everything else.

What is a good manual to buy?

Thanx Much!

Retro

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why does Haynes or Clymer not make a TW manual? They make one for everything else.

Thanx Much!

Retro

I lost the link, but some google work produced a Yamaha Service Manual for the TW in PDF form. Drop it onto a CD or jump drive and take to your local Kinkos. That's what I did

·
Registered
284 Posts
+1 For downloading the Factory manual. You may have to search the old site to find a link for it but it's loads better than any non-FSM I've seen.

--Kevin

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
In the Technical Discussion in "Check Valve Clearance" thread, jimgoose has, dare I say "free" pdf downloadable links for the manuals that I was able to get to work. The pdf's he linked are: owners manual, main repair manual, 2001 and newer supplemental repair manual, and the part manual. All are on my home computer now.

To save the forest, I only print the pages I need for a particular procedure instead of printing the entire manual(s). I plan to get my spare computer up and running and place it in my shop so I won't have to print anything and can just look on the computer instead. (And with the computer in the shop I can play my NASCAR racing game out of site of the finance minister). ...and tell her I'm woodworking or sweeping the shop floor or something like that!

In the "Pinned" area, Petrus also put in links, but I couldn't get them to work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The factory service manuals are really good. The only drawback is the resolution of the pics wwhen in printed form leaves a bit to be desired, but the descriptions and directions are very accurate and detailed. Keep it on the computer and the pics are MUCH better - keep a copy for the garage and you don't have to run inside every 15 minutes. Above link - highly recommended!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The factory service manuals are really good. The only drawback is the resolution of the pics wwhen in printed form leaves a bit to be desired, but the descriptions and directions are very accurate and detailed. Keep it on the computer and the pics are MUCH better - keep a copy for the garage and you don't have to run inside every 15 minutes. Above link - highly recommended!

I got news for ya... I bought the factory manual... the pix in the PDF are true to the original.

Many of the pix in the manual look like they were Xeroxed a few too many times before they sent the book to the publishers.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Thanx Much!

Retro

In my opinion Haynes or Clymer are the worst manuals for any vehicle. They often just give you enough info to get you into trouble when doing major repairs. The best repair manuals i have used were Bentley repair manuals.They reverse engineer all the cars they write manuals for right at the home office in Cambridge, MA. They have a shop with a lift right in back.I attended training seminars there some years ago and was pretty impressed. Often i found Bentley manuals better than the factory BMW manuals, as Bentley passes on any shortcuts and hints they learn while they are in there. Too bad they don't make one for a TW200.

The PDF files they posted here are as good as it gets for The TW200 manuals

1 - 8 of 8 Posts