TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This was our pre-Moab shakedown camp & ride. Mrs. Admiral did great on her TW. It was a fun loop riding Haystack Rock rd. for the first time with some great overlook views on some side trails. Finally got to go through the old railroad tunnel with a good camera! Camper needs a new faucet. Otherwise, everyone and everything is about ready to go!

https://youtu.be/6uVmp3NTSxQ

Quick ride Saturday night after setting up the camper & unloading the TW's. I think this is the earliest in the season we have ever gone camping!

Next morning these Very Loud Geese announce my presence and break the morning silence in the canyon.

Spot this hot spring right off the road on my morning hike. Water was bubbling, me no touch! You can kind of make out the steam.

I found a geocache near the base of the rock to the left of this very large diameter irrigation siphon tube which goes under the nearby Owyhee River and the road.

The cache's hiding place. In the background you can see the road and river.

I think it was littletommy who wanted me to capture a photo of the contents of cache's. If not him or anyone else, I took the picture anyway! :)

View from the cache up river.

Here's the siphon tube on the other side of the road/river. Our camp spot is just to the left.

Next morning Wilbur poses for a beauty shot.

This was a shakedown ride. Had some camera mount difficulties. Mrs. Admiral ended up offering the fix so I could video the rest of the day. Without her fix there wouldn't have been any video.

More cowboy dreams. Old corral of yesteryear.

No snow but still cold enough you want to bundle up.

Our rides in the modern era

Next geocache and soon to be lunch spot.

Pinnacle Point Left-Center. TW's down below

Haystack Rock, namesake for the road we're on. It's to the right of Pinnacle Point in the above picture.

Found the cache. Note the Randle Handles!

Cowboys versus Dinosaurs!

Made a good lunch spot too!

To be continued

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Gear up after lunch. You can see Mrs. Admiral's handwork on the temporary camera mount fix.

Interesting formations and colors in the rock.

Don't walk here in the dark.

Owyhee River Canyon downstream from the dam.

We'll ride back to camp on the road down yonder.

Another good ride as we head back to camp.

Registered
Can't wait to see Wilbur in person and see if that paint is as vibrant in person as in photos. That is one pretty pink piglet, Kris did darn good for painting with one arm in a sling!
Fantastic that Lori is getting good on the TW too.

Does anyone else get a big smile when seeing these two love birds adventuring together?

Registered
"You can see Mrs. Admiral's handwork on the temporary camera mount fix." - Should we be surprised that her solution was colored pink ? 100_2783 (800x600).jpg

Rather nice photo of your camp too! Imagine it captures the feel of the place. Looks idyllic if not chilly. 100_2742 (800x600).jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
wow Mrs Admiral........... you will never loose that bike, it will stand out everywhere!! you guys must have matched the colour to the colour of the tank bag. I was a little surprised to see a non-pink helmet. great pics, nice ride, wish I was there
This un-pink helmet is one of mine. She did have a pink 1/2 helmet, but now wants one which has more coverage. She ordered a new helmet today but I can't remember what color she ordered. :D

Registered
wow Mrs Admiral........... you will never loose that bike, it will stand out everywhere!! you guys must have matched the colour to the colour of the tank bag. I was a little surprised to see a non-pink helmet. great pics, nice ride, wish I was there
I want to easily be FOUND by search and rescue when me and my bike crash over a cliff somewhere (or The Admiral pushes us). None of this not being found for years and years. Just think, if the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 had been pink I bet they would have found it by now! :)

Registered
This un-pink helmet is one of mine. She did have a pink 1/2 helmet, but now wants one which has more coverage. She ordered a new helmet today but I can't remember what color she ordered. :D
I can only guess! because it was ordered and not off the shelf has to be a hint. a person will have to be careful on a bright sunny day, as how to look at you. I've had snow blindness but never pink blindness!!

Registered
I can only guess! because it was ordered and not off the shelf has to be a hint. a person will have to be careful on a bright sunny day, as how to look at you. I've had snow blindness but never pink blindness!!
I just couldn't decide........ piggy.jpg piggy2.jpg
guess you will have to wait and see what shows up in the ride reports...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts