TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huh? Go ahead and ask: What in the world do hazardous materials have to do with vanity of people? Glad you asked.

You see, some of us are allergic to certain chemicals that are classified as hazardous materials. These materials are used in make-up, perfumes, and other scented products that appeal to certain people who are vain enough to think they can improve on what God created. For some of us the material does not have to be in a high enough concentration to be detectable by smell, one inhalation and we suffer immediately: extreme sinus pressure, extreme headache, and/or nausea to the point of loss of ability to do anything. For those of you who don't suffer from exposure to these toxic substances, please be aware that exposing those who are sensitive to them is no different than walking up to us and hitting us in the head with a baseball bat--both feel about the same. Do not be surprised when the time comes that people will again stand up for themselves that those sensitive to chemical attacks defend themselves by hitting the chemically laden with a baseball bat as turnabout will again be fair play.

What really pissed me off is I was working on TW t-shirt art and had to quit due to stinking people. Trust me, if you actually need such a strong scent to cover up your stench, your only solution is soap and water. Body odor smells better than body odor + hazmat.

·
Registered
333 Posts
you hit the nail on the head, our TW's smell much better then some people do when running. I,m allergect to olive oil and all health care professionals brag about how great it is. I'm glad that I'm not allergect to TW's or any motorcycle, great medicine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ha! I am allergic to most perfumes. I was doused as I entered a "High End" store a few years ago by an over exuberant clerk.. She thought I was kidding when I screamed that I needed an ambulance - until I collapsed and was gasping for breath. I don't think they "Spray" customers anymore. I can't enter a Hallmark store or a candle store for the same reason. Can't go to movie theaters because of the stench of perfumed persons. I love the smell of burning castrol oil in the morning. John

Reactions: r80rt

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If I get around a group of old ladies "like at church" I start sneezing about 10 seconds after smelling the perfume.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't have quite the same reactions as you guys, but I too suffer. I get an intense burning sensation in my nose, and have to escape. I can smell them from half a block away sometimes.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I was going to do TW t-shirt art today but ever since the hazmat overdose this morning when I sit up my sinuses hurt too bad to stay up for any longer than it takes to take care of business and lay back down. First day off I've had at home in 4 months ruined by a fat b--- that needs a fire hose dousing.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Our Pastor has put up large signs and begins each sermon with a reminder not to wear too much perfume or for the guys too much Axe. Our Church is large but sometimes when they close the doors you want to reach for a gas mask.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i too have a reaction when exposed to certain aresol spray paints .in a shop i worked in one time the boss would do touch up painting on used cars in the bay next to mine,it would give me a headache so bad i would have to leave the shop for a couple of hours .he said it didn't bother him so it shouldn't bother me ,it pissed me off to think that an old beater used car was more important than my health and the productivity in my bay working on customers cars.i told the service manager that either the painting went or i went,the paint went.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think every time someone wanders by smelling like hazmat I'm going to blurt out, "PEEEYOU!!! Someone really stinks bad!!!!"

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I think every time someone wanders by smelling like hazmat I'm going to blurt out, "PEEEYOU!!! Someone really stinks bad!!!!"
Pisses my wife off when I do stuff like that. If we're in a restaurant, Dr's office...whatever and there's a stinker in there I'll look at her and say (loud enough) "WHEW! are you using that stinking ass cheap perfume Aunt Ruth got you last Christmas? MAN does it stink!" She's got to where she says "Nope, not me". Then I come back with something like " Thank God. I knew you were more considerate than that." Truth is, she buys unscented lotions and things.

I'm not allergic to it but strong perfumey smells almost make me gag plus they stick in my nose for hours it seems. I'm an ex smoker and every time I smell a smoker I think how I must have smelled, being a 3 pack a day guy.

I've done a lot of car and motorcycle painting in my life and really do like the smell of paint but by being careless I'm deathly allergic to isocyanates...gasses from the catalytic actions of two part paints, resins, foams, etc. Severe headaches, puking, barely able to breathe....

No qwerty you're not alone. A lot of people try to make you think you're the only one bothered though...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Thank Gawd, the only thing I am Alergic to{that I know of} is Crab Meat...used to love it back in my teens and 20s...but one day out of the Blue I was downing some crab cakes my girlfriend{now wife of 40 years} fixed me, and ended up in the Hospital, with big time Hives......eating so much crabmeat while stationed near the ocean in Delaware, I consumed large quanities, and developed a reaction to dem damn crabs...at least according to the late Doc Jim Otis....

Now back to your stinky thread about body scents ;)

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a little fun at a truck stop today. I was waiting at the counter to pay for a replacement for a light out on a trailer I had just picked up and a BBW smelling of hazmat walked in the auto door. The stench was so strong I felt like throwing up so I turned to the women as she passed by and said, "Lady, your perfume smells so bad it's gonna make me ..." and I did, all over her, slapped my hand over my mouth, and ran to the restroom.

Another trucker paid for the light and brought it and the receipt to me in the restroom. His comment: "That was beautiful, man."

When a grizzly has had enough, ... .

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
Qwerty...you didn't. !!!! O my.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did. Ran to the restroom, washed out my mouth, and bent over double LMFAO along with the other dozen or so guys who witnessed the event. Why should I let other people make me suffer. I always feel better after a good barf.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i always wonder with a story like that is ,i wonder if that woman will use that perfume again or keep on just for spite.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am not allergic in the senses, but am offended by all the hazmat that people seem to need. Even riding a motorcycle behind a car I can sense it contains one masking the truth or not excepting reality.

I do not visit many web sites, but this one contains more common sense posters and what this country seems to be lacking, normal people.

The simplicity and humbleness of the Tdub must be the bonding element.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts