TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could see a Chinese bike manufacturer denying such a claim, but HD?

Total assholes.

Biker claims Old Glory 'wind resistance' prompts Harley-Davidson to void warranty | Fox News

"A hog-riding former lawmaker from Wisconsin claims that Harley-Davidson voided his motorcycle's repair warranty because of the patriotic flags he let fly from the back of his chopper.

However, Harley-Davidson says the warranty is still in effect and just his warranty claim has been denied."

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
From a legal standpoint HD appears to be in its rights to deny claim. From a Public Relations standpoint they have really shot themselves in the foot

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
For a company that is all about the stars and stripes, denying him that clutch for flying flags is a total fail on their part.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Something tells me Harley is going to get a lot of letters on this one. If I was the selling dealer I'd do everything to help him and at least save my own face.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Yeah, that trailer causes a lot more drag than some flags.

HD stands for "hundred dollars", cause anything at the dealership costs you at least that much. I only take my HD to the dealer if I have no other options available. I hate that place!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts