TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But for real though, someone this jumpy and trigger happy should probably not be a policeman. Their image is already bad enough in this country.

[GRAPHIC] A Florida City paid a fatal courtesy call to an unsuspecting family who had committed no crime. They left their door open in the driveway, when the cop knocked on the door, he freaked out and shot the family dog 3 times in the head only feet from a mother and her two children.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I am passing no judgement on this either way. I have watched the video about a dozen times and that dog came running low and fast. Not typical for a dog that is happy to see you.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
He should of used his pepper spray.
Having to deal with peoples dog’s every day for over 30 years, if you have a dog with teeth it is your responsibility to secure that Animal (not pet) and have Home owners Insurance so if your little fluffy bites me I can cover my damages !

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the home owner had no business opening that door under the circumstances.
Yeah, I guess you're right; you should probably never open the door under the circumstances that someone just knocked on the door. You own a dog, and as such you should be responsible and never open the door ever again, especially for police.

sage-palacios.png

And she looks so vicious too, ready to chew faces at any moment..

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Did He have time to yell control your dog? I'll be honest I own and love dogs but if one came charging out from a place I don't know then my response would be to protect myself.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Yeah, I guess you're right; you should probably never open the door under the circumstances that someone just knocked on the door. You own a dog, and as such you should be responsible and never open the door ever again, especially for police.

View attachment 23338

And she looks so vicious too, ready to chew faces at any moment..

Again I AM NOT justifying this either way. A picture is in no way a complete assessment of a subject though.

This is Michael Brown mb1.jpg

Then again this is also Micheal Brown mb2.jpg

Tom

·
Registered
189 Posts
I normally stay out of these types of threads. People have very strong opinions on these sort of things.
I love dogs, I have two. I would rather be around them, than a lot of people I know.
It is my OPINION, That if you have a dog it is YOUR responsibility to keep your animal in YOUR control. It is also your responsibility to protect yourself from harm.
The cop did not know the dog. He didn't know if it was going bite him or just wanted to lick him. He saw a strange animal he knew nothing about coming at him at a high rate of speed. I would have done the same thing, and almost had to on several occasions. Had the dogs that were coming after me gotten any closer (within ten feet) they would be dead right now.

I have trained my dogs not to rush the door for this exact reason. I do not want to be responsible for them or anyone else getting hurt. Because of my and my dogs lack of training.

Both of my dogs are mutts. One is the best dog I have ever seen, The other is a complete spazz But if you tell them to "get back" they do.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have trained my dogs not to rush the door for this exact reason. I do not want to be responsible for them or anyone else getting hurt. Because of my and my dogs lack of training.

Both of my dogs are mutts. One is the best dog I have ever seen, The other is a complete spazz But if you tell them to "get back" they do.
I agree with training your dog to not rush the door. Mine will sit and stay until i release her but even so if she ever in the off chance was so excited that she rushed out the door and that happened i still stand my my last statement. I would flat out kill the guy, period with no hesitation. My dog is family and as such would be defended in the same manner as any member of my family.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree with training your dog to not rush the door. Mine will sit and stay until i release her but even so if she ever in the off chance was so excited that she rushed out the door and that happened i still stand my my last statement. I would flat out kill the guy, period with no hesitation. My dog is family and as such would be defended in the same manner as any member of my family.

And that is why it YOUR responsibility to make sure YOU keep your dog in control. So you don't have to kill someone.
My dogs are family too. I would defend them as such also. However they are not as predictable as my kids. That is why the responsibility to keep them safe is on me.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I have personally found out the hard way that many people do not let their Insurance company know about their dog or dogs.
It goes in spurts one year no bites then I get bit 3 times in a week.
And the going rate on your USPS letter carrier is $25,000.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
if he was worried he should have just tased/pepper sprayed/kicked the dog, not shot it...pvssy!...the problem is cops are not trained in dog behavior and some are not trained in common sense either...can't say what i'd do in this situation but it would probably end up in my arrest either way...i had a cop in my house once...i put the dogs in another room and shut the door just for this type of reason, pretty sad

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Just watched the video and with no sound and the guy blocking the dog, I bet when he knocked on the door the dog was doing the I am going to tare you a new asshole bark and when the door opened and the dog charged him it was over.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I see this in a different light. There is a war against police right now and they fear for there life more then ever. The dog was his first threat... not knowing what follows from the occupants in the house. He shot the dog and readied his gun for the next possible threat. I'm okay with him shooting the dog. If my dogs charged a cop like that and was shot. I'm sure I would be upset but mainly with myself for putting my dog in danger.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts