TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
President Obama, his staff and all the members of Congress were in a high level meeting to discuss crime in America. The meeting was interrupted by a messenger to announce that the federal reserve had just been robbed. The President asked the messenger, How is that possible all the crooks in the nation are here with me... As John Prine said; "Common sense ain't so common anymore......

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Totally agree. With any luck that P.O.S. will be in prison before long. The writing is on the wall as to whats happeninf in this country. The question is how many people see it? It seems like most motorcycling people I have met have a few things in common. We like our guns our freedom and going fast.

·
Registered
441 Posts
This is outrageous. Sure, attack the responsible ones, who legally own firearms. Seems like this another step toward eventual confiscation. I truly wish the legislative reps would focus on proactive measures such as informing the youth of safety and respect and not react toward the law abiding citizens by "tracking them".

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
Ridiculous and impractical. Another waste of my tax dollars when true good could be done instead. The government that governs least governs best. And by the way who's health insurance hasn't skyrocketed with the Affordable Health Care Act? ObummerCare should be repealed , the poor and less-affluent can't pay premiums so program is a failure.
If 'BummerCare can't get public to comply how do they expect to get public to bracelet millions of firearms already in circulation both openly and on black market?
If enacted the legislation would likely have so many loopholes so as to be ineffective.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
It seems everytime that man opens his mouth he spits on the graves of the men and women that fought under the constitution of the united states. I know that every person that picked up a weapon to defend our country has just about had enough of the propaganda from sixteen hundred pennsylvania ave.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i thought we had some crazy politicians up here, but you got a real prize with that guy.our present govt. finally scrapped the long gun registry ,we still have to register our handguns with 4in. or longer barrels.shorter barrels are strictly forbidden.i guess they want us to only have more accurate handguns lol.if they would only punish the criminals who use a gun in the comission of a crime with longer jail time,and educate young people about gun saftey.the video game makers have to take some blame as well,it makes players immune to the death of human beings .the value of life means less and less nowadays. just my two cents worth,1.8 american.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Totally agree. With any luck that P.O.S. will be in prison before long. The writing is on the wall as to whats happeninf in this country. The question is how many people see it? It seems like most motorcycling people I have met have a few things in common. We like our guns our freedom and going fast.

Not all M/C folks have a clue...check over in the Basement area of ADVrider....Church, State, Money, is full of the loons that love Holder, Obama, and Company....of course, I have been removed from the "Basement"...guess I pissed off one too many left wing lawyers who has a Moderator Position....so I have been banned from taking on the Bottom Feeders.

When I asked him why only Right Wing Straight Males were being booted from The Basement, the gutless bastard never gave an answer...so typical of the rabid anti freedom left....:rolleyes: But is anybody really surprised?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I love it! Show me one god damn piece of technology that hasn't been hacked yet!

You know that as soon as you introduce a piece of technology that is supposed to prevent a criminal from operating a firearm it will be hacked by another criminal. simple as that!

We know that laws like this are proposed to restrict the use and Possession of firearms by legitimate citizens of this country. All too often they are enacted, and it's just one more chink in the armor of the Second Amendment.

The huge problem, the daunting task that lays before us, those of us who would like to continue to possess firearms, whether it be for hunting, personal protection, sport, or collecting, is how we convey to the general public, the rest of America, those people who jerked their knees or cringe when they vote every time they think that they're doing something right when they suppress our Second Amendment freedoms, that they are doing absolutely nothing to prevent firearms violence perpetrated by criminals.

Frankly, I don't see a way of accomplishing this. It's a phobia perpetrated by the media and our elected officials. Have you ever seen someone run away shrieking from a mouse? Or a snake? That is a phobia! a phobia of firearms is exactly what we are presented with.

a policy of us against them is not going to work. And we all know people who will put their fingers in their ears and refuse to listen to us, if we bring up the topic of firearms rights. if there was just some way to get the majority of the people to understand the difference between reasonable and ludicrous when it comes to gun laws, well, I guess that would be nothing short of a miracle.

My soapbox just broke. m.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Borneo, seems your family and mine have been here a while...my uncle traced my family, on my father's side, back to the late 1700's...Maryland. Dead ended there, so not sure when mi familia actually came to the U.S.

My fifth Great Grandfather and his brother are listed on this plaque. I imagine if you stood close you could feel the ground tremble from the rolling. (Mount Hebron Cemetery, Winchester, VA) View attachment 5058

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, sounds like it. 1644, Snow of Thane, came from Nassau Siegen (Germans). I was fortunate to have family records (and long lived people). For instance, my Grandfather's Grandfather (who he knew) was the son of a Revolutionary War veteran.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts