TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how much water should be in my Headlight before I replace it ?
J/K I noticed the other night riding home from work that the light on the road was kind of wavy and very strange looking. it's not a big deal for off road and day time driving, however I get done work at 3AM. I use two different routes home and both are through prime Deer area's.

So what is the best street legal Headlight replacement for my 06 TW?? I would like to replace it with something better than stock. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
amazing, water inside the headlight and it still Works? Never had mine apart so if it just has a bulb that locks in from the rear of the light body, take it out and dump the water, dry the body and reinsert the bulb and make sure it is sealed. Like I said, never had a reason to take a look so maybe I am just babbling.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Your "Headlight Fluid" dip stick should have low/high indicater marks . . . .

Bag

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replace my headlight fluid twice a year, whether it needs it or not. I do it at the same time that I rotate the air in my tires

I prefer to run Winter air in my tires, they run much cooler that way in the Summer heat. Just before the end of the Season I pump in Summer air. That way my Tires help melt the Snow for better traction. You should try it some time!

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I prefer to run Winter air in my tires, they run much cooler that way in the Summer heat. Just before the end of the Season I pump in Summer air. That way my Tires help melt the Snow for better traction. You should try it some time!

That's a great suggestion!

Unfortunately, out here in California it is difficult to find really good Winter air. What part of the country are you in? Maybe we could start an exchange program. I could send you my wheels/tires with Summer air in them and you could swap it with the air in your wheels/tires and then send them back. Of course I would be happy to compensate you for the crummy California air that I would be sending you. What do you think?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a great suggestion!

Unfortunately, out here in California it is difficult to find really good Winter air. What part of the country are you in? Maybe we could start an exchange program. I could send you my wheels/tires with Summer air in them and you could swap it with the air in your wheels/tires and then send them back. Of course I would be happy to compensate you for the crummy California air that I would be sending you. What do you think?

Sorry I don't want any thing from Commiefornia except the American flag! Here in Pa. we have good fresh air, cold Winters and hot Summers

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Back on topic. I use a 80/100 watt Candle Power bulb. Very bright and it plugs in just like stock. It's lasted several years now and the wire harness has not melted but it's on low beam most of the time.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Of course reading the responses to his or her question abut fluid in the headlight was a hoot. But be nice folks. My wife would ask a question like this. In fact I have drilled holes in her plastic headlight protectors to drain condensation. Give the person a break, although funny, just wanted a decent fix to the problem. Which one of us hasn't had a problem that when we got an answer to it we went

"duh, why din't I figure that one myself".

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i have a japan web bike conversion. it is twice as bright as stock.

Can this conversion headlight be shipped to the US mainland?...if so,how much?. Twice as bright......so the reflector has more surface area your advising or did it come with some crazy wattage bulb?. TIA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts