TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mounting bracket is completely hand fabricated, the factory Aluminum brackets were cut in two, shortened and reversed to mount turned inward. The unit uses the 3 factory headlight mounting points and T Taps were used in wiring so factory setup could be reinstalled very quickly and easily. The bars are 36 watt each, so not much more draw when running high " both" bars than factory. I do plan on installing an LED rear brake light and possibly turn signals to bring total wattage being used on bike down. The bars are listed as Cree 7" bars and they are Flood beam 60 degree.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Excellent customization Rumblefish. I have never seen anything like it. One concern I have is are cars flashing you at night on the roads.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh, I wish you guys would Stop making me add things to my Farkle list by doing these mods. Your getting me in trouble with the wife. lol

Seriously though, did you get these through M4? Or? I want to do a small LED spotlight of some sort in case I am out in the woods after dark and need the additional lighting.

Dan

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll play. Not a cool mod like the OP's. More of a strategy upgrade.

•LED turn signals with running lights
•1300 lumen 30° light bar in place of the reflectors wired into the brights (they really throw out a nice even light that alluminates everything in the vicinity).
•Cyclops LED 3800 lumen replacement bulb in the OEM housing (the brights reach out with a nice light for about a quater mile, the are much better than the factory bulb, but the defractor causes a few shadows close to the bike).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TopPredator, I have now been running this light for a few weeks, I havent been " Bright Lighted" yet. I do live in the south where LED Light bars are pretty common on trucks/jeeps..... I have a Harley with Harley Davidson LED conversion kit. I do get " Bright Lighted on that bike even on low beam.......

·
Registered
762 Posts
You know...I need to go the opposite way.

I don't ride at night if I can help it. So I don't need dazzling headlights...city streets here are well lit; in the surrounding countryside, I'm likely to hit a deer after dark. Or a bear.

But traffic is gawd-awful. It's a town grown twice the size that would be comfortable; the main arteries are plugged from noon to six every day.

Traffic lights are unreal. It's not unusual to be stopped eight minutes at any of four major intersections.

I have to shut the engine off, lest it overheat.

I don't LIKE to turn the key off; it makes turn signals go dead; headlight out. But I don't like having a 50-watt headlight burning off that little battery with no charging. And I don't know how robust is the stator and how much of this I can get away with.

What I did was, get an un-DOT-approved LED insert bulb and pop it in the headlight assembly. Four watts.

As a running light, it's fine. Maybe too bright...oddly, the hi/low beam doesn't work. Same rows on both. That's trying it on two different applications, a car and a bike.

At night...it's miserable as a headlight. And it does blind oncoming traffic. But...I'm not out at night. And I can change the bulb if I think I might be.

But I can kill the engine at these long lights; leave the key on, have my turn signals...and no worries about the battery.

WIN.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Q-Tech, JustpassinThru and Rumblefish can you update your profiles to include your Locations. Nice to know where you all are from
Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts