TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought y'all might be interested in this. I sent an email to Bay Area Yamaha concerning the kick start kit, and they mentioned they're also working on putting together a heavy duty clutch kit for the TW to prevent slipping on tight trails. Haven't heard back concerning the cost or the date they may have it ready. Should be interesting to see what they put together!

·
Registered
814 Posts
want to know

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Do tell. No good?
Qwerty means that they are good, put them in and forget about it. Barnett has been around for a long time and are well known for good clutch's.

Reactions: mmmsssggg21

·
Registered
188 Posts
Qwerty means that they are good, put them in and forget about it. Barnett has been around for a long time and are well known for good clutch's.
+1 here. Barnett clutches, OEM steel plates, Barnett springs. Done!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh I was interpreting that wrong. I was thinking, "they're gonna use Barnett plates, forget about using them they're terrible"

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The only problem with Barnett is they drag a bit more than stock when cold. Once heated up, no problem. I've been using Barnett since 1969 without a problem in everything from trials bikes to a 200+mph streamliner.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I want to ride the streamliner.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Have people been having trouble with their clutch slipping? I only have about 4000 miles on mine with zero issues so far. Is an upgrade something you guys really think is necessary? Or is this just something you guys want as an "upgrade" when your clutches start to wear out? I'm all about upgrading when something breaks but if it ain't broke...

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I'll buy a Barnett when mine starts slipping... I'm a bit over 7k now on what I assume is the original clutch, it looked fine when I had her apart to install the kicker.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Have people been having trouble with their clutch slipping? I only have about 4000 miles on mine with zero issues so far. Is an upgrade something you guys really think is necessary? Or is this just something you guys want as an "upgrade" when your clutches start to wear out? I'm all about upgrading when something breaks but if it ain't broke...
Tdub started slipping at 16k. 5-disc conversion with Barnett plates and stock springs has been in for 36k since and never slipped. Tdub2 only had 167 miles when she came apart, now carries a 5-disc conversion with Barnett plates and springs. Tdub2 will be a real test of clutch and trans--she has almost twice the peak torque of stock.

Got to thinking (uh-oh) that a 5-disc conversion package would save a lot of hassles sourcing parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts