1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"this is a ride not a race, so it's suppose to be fun"
Ron

Today I am sad.

I found out today from RoninBoise's wife, Ron has taken a turn for the worse and is not doing well. I have had a short conversation today with Ron's wife, and
unfortunately, Ron will no longer be able to post.

Lori & I will help her as much as we can in these sad times.

I'm glad to have met Ron and was able to ride with him. He taught me so much in just a few short years.

There will be more to come, and I will post updates and other information here.

Till then...

Boise Ridge October 2013

Danskin OHV east of Boise May 2012. Ron in center.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
O no.....

Prayers going to the Good Lord!!

I hate hearing this!!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Sad news. I will say a prayer for him and his family. Please let them know we are pulling for them.

Tom

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thank you Admiral for keeping us informed It is so difficult to stay abreast of all of our friends close and distance. I was very happy to meet Ron in Moab, and considered him a great friend. My prayers are with Ron and his family.
Mel

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Saying a prayer for Ron right now. I never met him, but I always enjoyed his posts and especially the photos. Looks like a cool guy.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Sad news... well the first guy I ran into in Moab was mike he told me to drop my bike off at the camp so I pull in to the camp and Ron and his dog were the only one there the rest of the group were on a ride we talked for about a half hour then he told me he was not feeling well and he went back into his trailer to rest.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
There are never words for these occasions. My prayers are with Ron. It was great to have some time with him in Moab even though his little companion took special care of my quad to keep the tires watered. This is truly sad news and of course hope for the best.

Thank you Kris and Lori for keeping us abreast of this.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Your in our thoughts and prayers Ron.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Sorry to here about Ron. Ron ill keep you and your family in my prayers.
I have been on this Forum for a year now and have met 5 members in person. Get well Soon Ron so I can meet you as well.
Rick

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I could tell by the look of Ron in Moab that there was more going on with his health that he was willing to tell us.

That is the reason I followed up with asking how he was, after we all got back from Moab.

I wish him, and his family, the best...and peace.
Mike and everyone, I'm sure Ron appreciates your thoughts and prayer's.

In the week or two leading up to Moab, Ron said he hadn't been feeling well, but attributed it to his lack of taking his proper medication. While this was most likely true, he probably had no idea what else was going on. My first indication that something may be wrong was on our Fin's & Things ride. He fell over twice in area's I had never seen him have problems with, especially with his level of experience. I thought it was very out of place for him to head home the next day after looking forward so much to this event. His long time riding friend Larry, (Idaho Larry @ Moab), was concerned as well and was talking to him every day to make sure he made it back home.

When we met after Moab, he was pretty sure whatever was going on was found and under control. He did mention that later in the week he had more testing, but wasn't worried. I hadn't heard from him again, other than he posted he was ok in that other post her on the forum. I did notice something in our last meeting though, he was taking a little extra longer to say something in between thoughts. With the knowledge of what was going on previous to Moab and from what he told me after, it seemed very like a plausable sign/symptom. I'm sure he had no idea what was to come.

Tough time for his family I'm sure.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Sad news. Thank you for the update Kris. Please continue as more news becomes available and in the meantime convey to Ron or his wife our concerns and best wishes. Ron is truly a very nice guy. Prior to the Moab trip we spoke a few times and his enthusiasm for the group ride was infectious. We all owe Ron a big thanks, not only those who attended the group ride but other forum members here too who undoubtedly enjoyed all our silly reports and videos from Utah.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts