TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am over 300#. Would I need to do mods to accommodate the weight of the rider? Did a search and nothing came up. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have a friend who is close that heave that owns a TW. It sits pretty low with him on it with the factory springs. Your best bet would be to upgrade the springs both front and rear with the much heavier procycle units. I have done that to mine and it makes a huge difference i'm ~225# and i thought the stock springs were way too weak for me.

·
Super Moderator
18,141 Posts
I'm over 3 hundred and hated my bike stock. I replaced front and rear springs and now it actually feels like a real motorcycle. I sat on a 2015 TW yesterday at the dealer and it felt like a toy bike.

Reactions: Hekkler

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am a short big guy. 5-10 275 lbs. I went with the heavy springs from Pro-Cycle and never looked back. Made a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Same here. 5'9" 270, set my forks up with longer spacers, and filled with 20wt fork oil to 125mm, along with a 3/8" spring spacer on rear spring. For a $5 dollar investment, big improvement until I can afford new springs front and rear, emulators and schrader valves on caps.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ahhhhh I wondered why I seemed like the only guy that was happy with the stock "suspenders" I'm the runt of this litter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts