TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking And gathering info for awhile!!. Figure it's high time I post and introduce myself.
First I have to say everyone on this forum is awesome!! The knowledge, experience, willingness to help and generosity are amazing!!

Got my first bike, a TW of course! a few months ago!! Having a blast!! Saw one around town years ago and loved the fat tires. Wanted something small with a low seat, easy to ride, that wouldn't wheelie out from under me, with the thought that I wanted to mostly run dirt roads and stuff, but be able to ride on the street too. No plans to commute or anything, maybe a few errands around town, but it's mostly just for fun!

Got my permit, rode around a bit, then took the MSF class and got my M endorsement. Been riding it once or twice a week in the mornings, around my hometown of Tucson, az. Would like to find a riding partner for local rides/ trails. Reddington rd, back side of mt Lemmon, sonoita hwy......... .???

Found a stock '07, with 800ish miles (I've put on another 450). So far changed the oil, spark plug, new x-ring chain, and checked valves. Have a list of things I want to do. Rack, Handguards, bar risers, oil cooler...... and yes a new front tire, so don't start with that!! Haha.

Anyway, Hello to all!!!
If it works, here's a Pic before I picked her up......

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome! Is your screen name a Jeep Cherokee reference? The TW is basically a two wheeled Jeep. Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
^^^What everyone else said! ^^^ :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Welcome!

Yep! I have a 91 jeep cherokee xj.... In Az.....
That's part of the attraction to the TW... "Jeep like"

And yes it's been HOT here lately! And will be for months!
originally I thought, if it's too hot for the bike, it will be too hot for me to want to ride. But I have found that I am having too much fun to want to quit even though it's getting pretty hot out. If I am moving at 40 or so it seems ok, but slow dirt riding it heats up quick and some extra cooling seems like a good idea. I have read through a lot of the oil cooler threads, including the original lizardbreath thread. Was sorry to hear of his passing. Seems he made a big impression on the forum/ people. I am waiting patiently for more info on cost and availability when the coolers go back in to production.

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
The coolers are available now I believe.

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
Welcome. TW can be fun on a summer's eve to just put around with the breeze flowing past after the opressive heat of the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts