TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here joining to gain insight on these cool bikes. Last year my son and I acquired 2 1987 tw200s. One was a donor parts bike, and the other was almost road worthy. We got the red one running after swapping the cdi, and now are looking at restoring the blue one. Didn't think much of the platform until we took the red one out to Sam Houston National Forest to trail ride before hunting season. I fell in love with it on the trails. Such a smooth bike, I'm hooked and wanting to get our other one trail worthy. Just wanted to say hey after joining when I seen nihil's 3d printed headlight bracket post.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! If you have any questions or need help with anything, just ask. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'm sure I'll have questions with the blue bike during the restoration. I am hoping to get it going this spring so we can do some riding/ camping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome aboard sweet little z50 in the background looks like your son will be ready for the extra one soon.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome Jmoore....from the Southeast coast!! 😁

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hello, new member here joining to gain insight on these cool bikes. Last year my son and I acquired 2 1987 tw200s. One was a donor parts bike, and the other was almost road worthy. We got the red one running after swapping the cdi, and now are looking at restoring the blue one. Didn't think much of the platform until we took the red one out to Sam Houston National Forest to trail ride before hunting season. I fell in love with it on the trails. Such a smooth bike, I'm hooked and wanting to get our other one trail worthy. Just wanted to say hey after joining when I seen nihil's 3d printed headlight bracket post.
Are you nuts????!!!!

First, you live near Houston, and second, you bought a pair of old man bikes.

I think you should see a psychiatrist!!!

PS... Welcome home. We have been waiting for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
A nice pair of father son projects. What great memories that makes.

Welcome to the forum!

Marty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome! Please post not only any questions but your progress too. Z50 and a tdub... That classic combination is I’m my garage as well :)

Sent from the demons in my head

·
Registered
961 Posts
Welcome to the nut house
A bunch of grown men
Playing with little toys..
And loving it..
Mike from NC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts