TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just wanted to say hi and share my new bike with everyone. Any tips or suggestions to get any more power out of it would be greatly appreciated. Coming off a husky 510 is a tough transition. But this thing goes where my other bikes wouldnt for my skill level and I love how she schromps!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome!! :D

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome, Nice ride, tell us where your from as you may have members near you.

excalibur

·
Registered
779 Posts
Even larger piston, longer stroke, higher compression make little change in HP. Get the jetting right, get the mixture screw set and enjoy!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver Island, BC. The TW is what it is, which is why we like them so much.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome from Bel Air MD

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
445 Posts
Everything will be a trade off but like mentioned, swap jets and tune the carb (lowers MPG) and if you need more speed for the roads you can go to lower geared sprockets (lessens off road ability) but as is these little crazy donkeys can handle a lot. The absolute best way to get more power on the road is getting a bike for that, that’s why some of us have a couple different bikes for different types of riding. Even then I’ll usually just push the TDub to do it because it’s my favorite.

Reactions: Mattwings

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Welcome to the tortoise club. haha. jk.

Good driving can also push these little bikes further then you'd think. I don't recall who here told me this off hand but I liked it..."It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow." Highway speeds or fast steep hill climbs aren't really for the TW, but otherwise some creative clutch work can go a long way.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't recall who here told me this off hand but I liked it..."It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow."
I know Russ used to say that and it is one of the truest statements on motorcycles I’ve ever heard.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Slow down and let that dog hunt. You will be able to see everything...eventually!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Like maddawg said, I feel sprocket changes can make em more usable for your type of riding, but they’re always gonna be more tortoise (or donkey) than hare. Still more metric tons of fun per dollar than a lot of other bikes. Cheers and enjoy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts