TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Couple years ago I was considering a TW as a commuter and trail toy. I was pretty much decided on the TW but landed a super deal on a 08 DR650se that I couldn't pass up instead. Fast forward to now and I found that DR though a blast was a real handful in the trails (especially the sandy one I like so much). So after some bruised body parts and ego (forced to admit that injuries incurred in 2012 has left me less able than I'd like to admit). I decided to try finding a TW200 for what I could sell my DR for and luck would have it I found a gentleman with a 2010 LOW mileage nicley modded TW200 looking for a bigger bike. So we worked out the even trade met half way and did the swap.

And though today's weather is absolutely miserable I did get a couple Kms on the little bike. She's a fun little machine and I look forward to many more Kms in the future (and more trail use). I do feel a bit funny on the bike as I'm a bigger guy at 6' 260lbs. But i was very humbled being in my accident and the long recovery since so I figure riding a bike prolly too small for me can't be that bad and honestly i just don't care anymore lol I out to ride and have fun doing so. Eventually I intend to upgrade the springs on the bike to better suite my weight but for now it will do.

I now feel I have the perfect garage. A Victory Vegas 8-ball set up for touring and two up with the girlfriend. And a nice little light trail weapon for low speed exploring that can also make for one hell of a cheap commuter (7kms each way at nothing over 70km/hr so 45mph I think).

I will post pics later.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to the fold Tinybear. Glad you found a situation that allowed both parties to get the bikes they wanted/needed. Congratulations and we will be waiting for the pictures;)

Tom

Reactions: mudbug

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok here the only pics I have thus far.

Loaded for the trip home.

And parked with her new stable mates. (Out of sight is the Yamaha v-star 650 that was my first bike that my mother rides now and then and that I think my sister will ride after learning on the TW).

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
a real clean looking machine. congrats!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Even swap. Fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts