TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Glad I found this great forum. Im 41 and live in Brighton in the UK and have just ventured into biking. A few weeks ago I passed my CBT which allows me to ride a 125...with learner plates!! Most 125s are terrible looking things and while hunting around I stumbled across the Suzuki Van Van....I liked elements of the bike but its got a very low ride height and a bit too quirky...then I saw a TW and new thats what I would hunt down. After a few weeks trawling the internet I found one for sale only 55miles away.....its a 2002 model with 9000 km on the clock. The only issue with it is some corrosion on the muffler which is blowing slightly. Apart from that its cool and I'm steadily getting more confidence as I hadn't even sat on a bike until a few weeks ago.

Big question is though......do you welcome TW125's on the form ;) :confused:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Of course Broke lad.
Welcome.

Reactions: brokeLad

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking TW!
How long does the "L" plate have to stay on?
Here in the uk they stay on until you pass your main test.

Alright mate, im up in yorkshire and also have a tw 125....2000 model with 27k on the clock and just use for off road stufF.

Good to see another 125 on here! bomb proof little bike.

Welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome,

Quick question now.....do the 125 and 200 share exactly the same exhaust? Mine is rusted on the bend on the muffler section, probably the lowest part of the pipe so I guess where all the crap sits inside and corrodes right through. Its blowing slightly so will need to get new muffler section, so I wanted to know what would suit...maybe an aftermarket job?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thanks for the welcome,

Quick question now.....do the 125 and 200 share exactly the same exhaust? Mine is rusted on the bend on the muffler section, probably the lowest part of the pipe so I guess where all the crap sits inside and corrodes right through. Its blowing slightly so will need to get new muffler section, so I wanted to know what would suit...maybe an aftermarket job?
The answer to your question is yes its the same.
I find most items bar main engine parts are interchangeable between the 2 bikes sometimes with a little modification needed.

A few exhausts on ebay at the moment but there commanding silly money! keep an eye out for people "breaking" them and just send them a pm asking a price for the part you need.

Dont forget the exhaust is in 2 pieces... the header and then the muffler.

If i were you id just get one made for the 125 as the 200 part will be much harder to get over here anyway!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi mate, Yeah I've seen the ones on ebay at silly prices for scruffy looking pipes! The header section on mine is ok so I just need the muffler. I haven't found a supplier for a new one in the uk, thats why I was asking about the 200 because there are lots available in the US.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i may be able to help.

Try the following.........

AW Motorcycle spares 01302 338600
Black knight motorcycle spares 01302 840409

These are both local to me, Aw motorcycle parts are real real helpful and may be able to find a used part or easily get the original from Yamaha (may be expensive from yam!).... when calling ask for the guy who lives in dunsville (hes the main guy) he always looks after me.

Black knight spares may have broke one recently so worth a try as they have literally thousands of bikes.

Other than the above as stated i would just PM all motorcycle breakers on ebay with anything to do with yamahas a generic MSG asking if they have anything, I needed a carb part and it was not listed anywhere and this method worked for me.

If you come up trumps with the numbers i gave you ive no problem calling in to check the part they have for you just to make sure the condition is good.

AW by the way are real real cheep on service parts, i got a plug, 2L of oil, a filter and a replacement chain fro around £40 if i recall so may be worth getting a service pack if you need it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love your bike. I wish they sold them here in the US. I have a Kawasaki KE100, but it just doesn't have the power to go up hills. Nice color too.
Dragonlady

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ta skippy,

Thats very cool of you to pass those contacts over, I will call them up soon. Found one supplier selling the section I need for £266!! No way am I going to pay that, 2nd hand the way forward I think. I have used some holts exhaust putty to patch it up and its holding up but only as a short term fix. Cheers Mr.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love your bike. I wish they sold them here in the US. I have a Kawasaki KE100 but it just doesn't have the power to go up hills. Nice color too.
Dragonlady
Thanks,

KE's are very cool, vintage scrambler with 2 stroke, a classic! Got any photo's would like to see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts