TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Brand new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. I have been looking for a machine that will get me furthr into the back country and that will go places that an ATV may not be able to go. I also decided it would be good to be road legal; hence my reserach brought me to the TW. I have yet to see anyting about this bike that is negative on any reviews and I see that it has a large and dedicated following. I am about to put my deposit down on a TW with the local Yamaha dealer, but he doesn't have them in right now (he said he is expecting them by the end of March).

I'm looking forward to browsing the threads on this forum and learning more about this bike.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Welcome, where in Canada are you?
The TW is great except for areas where other motorcycles have eroded the trails to the point that the TW foot pegs drag.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hi all. Brand new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. I have been looking for a machine that will get me furthr into the back country and that will go places that an ATV may not be able to go. I also decided it would be good to be road legal; hence my reserach brought me to the TW. I have yet to see anyting about this bike that is negative on any reviews and I see that it has a large and dedicated following. I am about to put my deposit down on a TW with the local Yamaha dealer, but he doesn't have them in right now (he said he is expecting them by the end of March).

I'm looking forward to browsing the threads on this forum and learning more about this bike.

Cheers.
Aloha from a fellow Canuck. I'm in the Lower Rainland.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I live in Washington State but I think I have ridden a TW to just about everywhere in BC.....I do not ride the highways as all the drivers are young and rich and are driving 85 mph in 1Ton 4X4 diesel pickups and pulling a boat.....wait a minute....that might be Alberta !!! :giggle::giggle:

I have not made it to Bella Coola......yet.... I have found a TW is perfect for the backroads and easy single tracts .....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
March is going to be a looonngg slooowww month.
Welcome to the forum.

Marty

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Best of luck with your dub
Mike from NC

Reactions: Canajun

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
South Vancouver Island. Lots and lots to explore here. I plan on getting a carrier for the truck hutch, too. Any recommendation on one would be welcome.
Princess Auto

also look into DualSportBC if you want to meet up with other riders on the island.

Reactions: Ride Now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Washington State but I think I have ridden a TW to just about everywhere in BC.....I do not ride the highways as all the drivers are young and rich and are driving 85 mph in 1Ton 4X4 diesel pickups and pulling a boat.....wait a minute....that might be Alberta !!! :giggle::giggle:

I have not made it to Bella Coola......yet.... I have found a TW is perfect for the backroads and easy single tracts .....
Yes, sounds like you're talking Alberta (oil country - where where the young and dumb earn more than 50 year-old execs in BC and, yes, blow it all on obnoxious deisel duallies and gaudy boats - the have a hell of a shock when they get laid off).

Bella Coola is great country, but it's also grizzley central, so the backroads take on a different complexion from Vancouver Island.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Princess Auto

also look into DualSportBC if you want to meet up with other riders on the island.
[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks. I'll take a look. How does the truck drive/handle with the bike on the front?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Princess Auto

Cool. Thanks. I'll take a look. How does the truck drive/handle with the bike on the front?
[/QUOTE]
No issues, I have been through the Yukon, NWT and Alaska with a WR250r on front. Have gone to Moab a few times with the TW and DT on front and I have been to many place in BC including Vancouver Island (Brother in Law live in Port Alberni). I did add some lights to the carrier, but still do not like to use it at night.

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: So I went to the local dealership in Victoria, BC and talked to one of the sales staff (actually the same guy who two weeks ago in a response to my e-mail query asking about when the TWs would be coming in, said he expected them in March some time) and he said he now has no idea when or even if they are coming in. He actually said he wouldn't be surprized if they stopped making thema altogether and cited the effects of COVID on parts manyfacturers of "everything from tires to bolts". He then went off on a bit of a tangent taking about how old tech they are and that everything else is fuel-injected these days and...blah...blah...blah. Of course, in the next breath, he started telling me about the in-stock XT250. Go figure. Not having been born yesterday, I said he should just take my deposit and put me on the list. He took my grand. I left. Now comes the waiting. I hope it works out and that (at some point) I get a hold of one of these machines. If it takes a few months, c'est la guere. I just hope Yamaha doesn't pull the rug out from under me by discontinuing them!

C

·
Registered
2017 TW200 2014 Stryker
26 Posts
Greetings from the central Island.
I had to do a google search for Lower Rainland, as I have never heard the expression before. I used to live in Richmond from the 70's to the 90's and we called it Ditchmond. Some of the ditches in Richmond were huge! They could swallow cars. We lost a neighbor's son who got hit on his B&S minibike and knocked into the ditch on #2 rd, back in the 70's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
UPDATE: So I went to the local dealership in Victoria, BC and talked to one of the sales staff (actually the same guy who two weeks ago in a response to my e-mail query asking about when the TWs would be coming in, said he expected them in March some time) and he said he now has no idea when or even if they are coming in. He actually said he wouldn't be surprized if they stopped making thema altogether and cited the effects of COVID on parts manyfacturers of "everything from tires to bolts". He then went off on a bit of a tangent taking about how old tech they are and that everything else is fuel-injected these days and...blah...blah...blah. Of course, in the next breath, he started telling me about the in-stock XT250. Go figure. Not having been born yesterday, I said he should just take my deposit and put me on the list. He took my grand. I left. Now comes the waiting. I hope it works out and that (at some point) I get a hold of one of these machines. If it takes a few months, c'est la guere. I just hope Yamaha doesn't pull the rug out from under me by discontinuing them!

C
Hey Canajun, I bought my 2021 last September. I would recommend calling all dealerships w/i 100 mile radius of your hometown. My dealer in Portland, OR got two (2) sets of two TWs after I got mine in September so the factory is rolling again. They get shipped in twos in the same crate with sequential VINs. If this particular dealer seems insensitive, find one that wants to help you. My guy actually made phone calls for me and made it happen in 10 days instead of the several months' wait he originally stated.

The production delays are moreso hitting computer controlled vehicles because of a chip shortage according to the financial news, so I doubt the TW is affected. It's just a high demand low margin bike, so that may be why your dealer is trying the bait and switch on ya. My .02. We look forward to seeing you on your new TW! P

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Every time I have gone into Holeshot Langley, I see one on the floor.

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Canajun, I bought my 2021 last September. I would recommend calling all dealerships w/i 100 mile radius of your hometown. My dealer in Portland, OR got two (2) sets of two TWs after I got mine in September so the factory is rolling again. They get shipped in twos in the same crate with sequential VINs. If this particular dealer seems insensitive, find one that wants to help you. My guy actually made phone calls for me and made it happen in 10 days instead of the several months' wait he originally stated.

The production delays are moreso hitting computer controlled vehicles because of a chip shortage according to the financial news, so I doubt the TW is affected. It's just a high demand low margin bike, so that may be why your dealer is trying the bait and switch on ya. My .02. We look forward to seeing you on your new TW! P
Really appreciated. Thank you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts