TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

i have always like the Tdub and even more so once i became familar with the Brat style. building a brat Tdub was the plan originally (and it may still happen) but i was recently re-connected with trail/dirt riding and fell in love again. i ride a xt225 (which i also have converted to a supermoto but have a second set of wheels) and my little brother rides a ttr225. i was hoping that he and i could get some street legal enduros and do some exploring but he's a college student who doesn't work so his funds are limited. i came across a sweet deal on a tw and pulled the trigger so there we have it. i own one now and i'm very excited to play with/on it.

scored this Tdub this past weekend for $500 because the guy had it listed in the bicycle section and listed as a "yamaha 250" with no mention of TW200 :eek: ....i don't think anyone saw the ad. runs but the base gasket is blown. i've already ordered the top end gasket set so hopefully next weekend it'll be on the road. needs a little TLC but not much. i bought it in Daytona so it has minor surface rust to clean up.

·
Registered
13,654 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Nice find, I like that price!:)

Just replaced my base gasket a few weeks ago.

B-dub did a great base gasket replacement tutorial in the Technical Write ups section. Good luck and have fun with the TW.
http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-write-ups/2555-beginners-guide-base-gasket-replacement.html
i actually read your post and B-dub's 2 nights ago in preparation for the job. i'd like to add that i appreciate the time you took to document that task. THANKS!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woohoo, now if I can just convince you to keep a dirt setup. Congrats, glad to see you over here.
you know Beefcake, i'm really struggling with what i'm going to do with it....keep it dirt for John or other friends to tool around with me OR brat it out. if i sell the vulcan and get the CRF250L, i will most certainly go brat.

i'm gonna bring it to Durhamtown too. Is Mike coming with his?

·
Registered
99 Posts
you know Beefcake, i'm really struggling with what i'm going to do with it....keep it dirt for John or other friends to tool around with me OR brat it out. if i sell the vulcan and get the CRF250L, i will most certainly go brat.

i'm gonna bring it to Durhamtown too. Is Mike coming with his?
No he is not coming.

I wish he was, because 3 TW's running around Durhamtown would be sweet. Have you checked out the Duro Grip ATV tire change out. I am seriously thinking about doing this in the summer when it is warmer out in FL.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No he is not coming.

I wish he was, because 3 TW's running around Durhamtown would be sweet. Have you checked out the Duro Grip ATV tire change out. I am seriously thinking about doing this in the summer when it is warmer out in FL.
sucks he's not coming :(

yeah, i've seen it. if i keep it dirt i might do that later on down the road. my budget is stretched really thin right now with all the builds and maintainence i have going on with all these damn bikes

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice find! It does pay to do different searches on CL. I've found them under Yamaha 200, enduro, duel sport, etc.......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so yesterday i rebuilt the top end and did a couple of misc things to the Tdub. i was surprised that when i went to fire it up it started on the second revolution :)

took the maiden voyage today to work. found out that the brakes are deathly scary lol

she purred like a kitten on the ride. topped out at around 67mph.

i got spotted on the ride to work by a friend too :D

·
Super Moderator
17,987 Posts
We want to see that big fat rear tire track in the dirt on that hill!!!! Did you take the easy way up the hill??

;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts