TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably very subjective but any style or brand preference? Most of my riding will be off road.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I like flip ups and Nolans fit my head

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Mine is like a military bucket style DOT approved from ebay..I like my ears exposed so I can hear my engine (among other things) better. I also have one that's full face with a flip up and visor but it's hard to get on and off my head as well as the hearing thing. I might bring it out in the winter or when I hit higher speeds on pavement because it fogs unless I go fast enough for the vents to do their thing..

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know its really subjective. Was looking for full face, open face, etc.....But any info is great. I have a buddy that works at Bell Sports so working on a employee discount on a MX9.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I prefer a modular full face helmet with an inside drop down tinted sun visor, it gives me the ability to raise and lower the tinted visor as I ride. I find that where I ride the backroads may have sunny and shady areas that may be too dark or to bright for only have one clear or tinted visor. Off road, I may ride with the visor up or the whole front lifted to maximize airflow and scensory pleasure. I am also able to eat or drink without taking my helmet off, because sometimes I don't plan on being stopped very long.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Mine is like a military bucket style DOT approved from ebay..I like my ears exposed so I can hear my engine (among other things) better. I also have one that's full face with a flip up and visor but it's hard to get on and off my head as well as the hearing thing. I might bring it out in the winter or when I hit higher speeds on pavement because it fogs unless I go fast enough for the vents to do their thing..
Can't help with the hearing thing, since like a lot of higher mileage riders I always ride with earplugs. However, a good antifog spray or a pinlock will fix the fog issue. Pinlock - Good antifog product for your visor

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife and I have BILT Techno Bluetooth Adventure Motorcycle Helmets. It sure is nice being to talk to each other while riding. 51BgDOtk1PL._SL1000_.jpg They have the flip down inner tinted visor and the outer clear shield.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have a GMAX 11d. For the money it seems really nice. It is a dual sport helmet with a flip up shield. I do like the relative quiet and comfort vs. a mx helmet with goggles. I just ordered my son an LS2, interested to see how it compares.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very happy with my Shoei Neotec. Very quiet and stable. I never realized how much I'd enjoy the modular design. Flip down visor is handy, too. Of the many upgrades I've done to my bike and for my riding, this is by far the best move.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like the OP, most of my riding is off road. I use a Troy Lee Air Midnight, which is a mid-level, off road helmet. I like it, fits nicely, not too heavy, and does the job.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Probably very subjective but any style or brand preference? Most of my riding will be off road.
I've been very happy with the Klim F4 - extremely light, vented for breathing on the hot days and has removable flex panels around the face / nose for extremely cold weather they are technically a snow helmet I guess

Awesome color selection adjustable visor I now own a few to many of these

If you happen to wear a 2xl I have a new one in black available

1 - 19 of 19 Posts