TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I rarely use the helmet holder (with lock) that comes with the TW200. Most of the time, I just want handy and fast way to clip my helmet to the bike.

After trying out a few ideas using plastic carabiners / hooks / paracord etc., I settled on a simple hook attached to my Tusk D-flex Handguards. I had a few leftover fittings from my Honda CRF 110. The hand guards came with an extra threaded hole.

So far, it seems to work well. I put one on both sides of the bike.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Pretty good. I just set mine on the mirror head and wrap the chin strap around the stem. Buckle it up and it won't fall off. Also if someone wants it they have to unbuckle it first. Not theft proof but it will slow them down.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it’s nice that the helmet hangs completely free from the bike, doesn’t get scratched. Also on a hot day it should help evaporate sweat sweat since it’s sort of blowing in the wind.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This was not an anti-theft solution, just handy way to quickly hook my helmet to the bike when I’m out in the bush taking a break, or when I store my bike in my garage. The D-ring just sits on the bolt, held in slightly by the plastic grommet- just enough not to slip off. I also set my gloves in the helmet. I have never locked my helmet to any of my bikes as I don’t have a need to and there’s never anyone around that would steal my helmet.

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Sorry, I must learn to read posts more carefully. Around these parts they'd nick it for a joke, leaving you either stranded or risking arrest

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to use a 9mm solution ....

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Mines there too but I don't use it. Trying to get a full face helmet d-ring crammed in there and then have the helmet get scratched is just to big a pain. Now again some azz clown could nick my lid but so far I've not had any problems.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Iiiii liiikkkee iittttt!

Reactions: SpeedyTide

·
Registered
342 Posts
That's a clever and easy solution. I usually go the mirror route, but it can move some that way. I might be copying you soon.
I'm sure Rob would be happy if you copied.....point of post I hope. :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I love this idea.
I am tired of screwing up my mirror every time
i take my helmet off......
Now to find the right plastic or nylon grommet...
The search is on ....
Screw that helmet lock...
the only time I ever used one someone cut the D ring
from the strap and took the helmet....
Maybe the lock makes the Hemet look more valuable......lol
mike from NC

·
Registered
488 Posts
I find the helmet lock a hassle to deploy because there's so little room to maneuver the helmet's d rings over the lock hook, and ratchet pull type helmets don't work at all without a T bar as shown below. You need extra room to maneuver with the lock.

For people with ratchet pull chin straps Nolan has a nifty T bar lock attachment that gives you the extra room to conveniently lock onto the bike's helmet lock system. You can easily make one yourself for any brand of ratchet pull helmet with a piece of heavy gauge tin or the like and store it on the helmet lock when not in use.

Another similar system for D ring helmets using your bike lock is making a hoop with 6 inches of clothes line crimped together. It will make a squished hoop about 2 1/2 inches long. You just squish the hoop together and thread it through the d ring, loop it through itself to secure it to the helmet, then hang the other end onto your bike lock hook. The same as the T bar this cable hoop stores conveniently on the bike lock when not in use.

With the extra room these systems will give you, the bike lock becomes much more convenient and easy to use. What's more nobody can steal your helmet without your bike key.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Here's my "scrap pile & a hammer" solution.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Loghousenut
What make handguards are those.
They seem to be translucent ..,
A better picture of the handguards please....
We all like pictures.....
mike from NC

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Loghousenut
What make handguards are those.
They seem to be translucent ..,
A better picture of the handguards please....
We all like pictures.....
mike from NC
They are translucent and I like them just fine. This is the product at Amazon...

"Amazon.com: 1Pair Motorcycle Handguard Led 7/8" Handlebar Handguards Handle Protector Bike Brush Wind Guard Hand Wind Deflector with Specific Mounting Kit for Most ATVs(Smoke Color) : Automotive" https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-H...cle+handguard+led+8/8"&qid=1630559844&sr=8-74

But out of stock now. They were only $8. Says LED but no electrics of any kind.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts