TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty close to buying a new helmet when I finally got my glasses to fit in my old one. Problem is the molding keeps falling off it. I reattached it with super glue but it doesn't hold after awhile and leaves an ugly white frostly looking residue. Anyone have a better suggestion for reattaching my helmet's rubber molding?

·
Super Moderator
17,632 Posts
Contact cement such as 3M yellow super weatherstrip and gasket adhesive would work well I believe.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
There is a two part super glue out there for hard to stick plastics and such. It has a prep "pen" that you wet both surfaces with and then let dry for one minute. Apply the super glue and it sticks.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I would second the goop. It remains quite flexable, is pretty strong, and bonds well to most plastics. Should be plenty strong for molding. If you want to go for the overkill there is a product called pliobond (sp?) it is a very strong contact adhesive. Smells terrible and dries an ugly red/brown color. But is flexable and tough. I used it to glue the top on a convertable back together. Held for years.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. I stopped in to Parker MX in Greenwich today and tried on the new Icon Airmada helmet again....love it. WANT IT.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Airmada is a decent budget helmet. You could do much worse, and really it is just as safe as a premium helmet. I where an RF1200 with transitions lens now, awesome set up.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Airmada is a decent budget helmet. You could do much worse, and really it is just as safe as a premium helmet. I where an RF1200 with transitions lens now, awesome set up.
RF1200, is that the Bell with the transition lens? Would love if they came up with one for the Icon. I ended up buying the new Airmada, they sold it for $159. I really like it, fits well, peripheral vision is way better than my old helmet. I do hear more noise though (wind and engine).

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how is the sizing on the ICON helmet?? true to size/???

you could even use shoe Goop...it dries clear
Here's what I can say about Icon's sizing. My old Icon Alliance helmet, which was new around 2003 or 2004, is just an XL. It was very tight when I got it, but over time molded to my head excellently. My new Icon Airmada is a XXXL. It fits snug, but not as tight as my alliance when it was new. It goes on pretty easy but likes to stay on---pulls off hard. Like I said above, the peripheral vision is great, and my wide rim glasses go on easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts