TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyone uses for a helmet? I have a flat black icon street helmet, but thinking of getting a dual sport helmet.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I just bought my 5th Nolan last week. Another flip-up for me and the Nolans fit my head better than others. It's a N104 and it was $299 with free shipping

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Enter "helmet" in the search area and you will find several pages of posts with helmets in those posts. Read the titles to find the best ones that have lots of helmet info, there are 3 or 4 excellent threads.

Reactions: SickPuppy76

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
i have a shoei rf900 that i bought in 01 when i picked my sv650. last year i bought a fly trekker ds helmet. I like it and it does vent a little better. Now that i have it i dont really think it was necessary. If i buy another helmet it will probably be a modular.

·
Registered
213 Posts
AFX FX-41, Super cool looking. Flat black with mirror visor. Inner flip down sun shade, like 150 bones. Cant beat it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
yeah the good thing about a cheap ds helmet is that your not to worried about beating it up a little. I picked mine up for $105 on black friday.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've been riding Shoeis for years. Had a RF900 since 2000 but crashed in 2011. It's still in the garage destine to become a lamp. I have a RF1100 now for street use. I wanted an AFX or Fly Racing Trekker for dual sport use. I thought the dealer would give me a good deal but it wasn't good enough. I came home and searched Amazon and eBay for a new one cheap and found one for under $100 shipped. SOLD! I like DD rings and the AFX has some kinda ratchet so I went for the Fly Racing, matte black.

51onbd5XRJL._SX300_.jpg

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AFX FX-41, Super cool looking. Flat black with mirror visor. Inner flip down sun shade, like 150 bones. Cant beat it.

How's the mirror visor holding up? I got one when I got my flat back Icon street helmet, and it looked awesome, but it scratched up wayyyyyy to easily. Today I also ordered a helmet for my son so he can ride with me sometimes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Shoei DS Hornet Black great helmet bought on sale for like $200 only thing I do not like it fogs easily in the cold. So I freq. ride with temps below freezing and have to wear my G-Max G68 with duel shield.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have a Schuberth c3 that I use in my street bike and I am really happy with it. I just bought an Arai xd4 for use in my tw as i wanted more venting and a visor and I really like that one too. It really fits my head well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi
Most of my customers use Arai SZ-Ram4, especially limited editions that are getting more and more popular in Europe.
Not available outside of Japan therefore big interest on foreign markets
I also supply some Classic SW, 1970's style helmet that is sold on domestic market
have a great day, sunny here in Tokyo

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've always worn my Answer dirt bike helmet with Oakley goggles w/ smoked lens. I have one of the Rockhard helmets (Slayer edition) I bought as a collection piece, but it's so uncomfortable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am thinking about getting a Hi-Viz yellow Fly Trekker. I like the idea, but the bright yellow is weird. I would be seen better. At my age I would not bounce very well off the hood of a car. Any thought on the safety factor?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Incidentally, I just bought a 2008 off of Craigslist. Paid too much, but it has been garaged all of its life and has 743 miles. An older couple had a pair, Husband went up to a 650cc and wife lost interest three years ago. License expired in 2012. I paid $3200, and now have to drive about 400 miles to pick it up. Ordered a Kage Racing Hitch Mounted Carrier from Amazon. It's been a while since I was on two wheels. I am very excited about it, which is good for a 79 year old guy!

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
The Hi-Vis helmeted riders really attract attention. On recent group ride looking in my mirror I would barely notice other riders far behind me while Borneo's bright yellow was an immediate attention getter. I think they are very good for safety.On the Fly Trekker Dual Sport I did not like that the visor is visible in the raised position.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
The Hi-Vis helmeted riders really attract attention. On recent group ride looking in my mirror I would barely notice other riders far behind me while Borneo's bright yellow was an immediate attention getter. I think they are very good for safety.On the Fly Trekker Dual Sport I did not like that the visor is visible in the raised position.
11103089_10205086797361660_3110807212327429635_o.jpg

·
Registered
6,367 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have a motocross helmet and goggles, but with my glasses, goggles just don't work. But if I didn't wear glasses, that would be my 1st choice. So I wear my AFX FX-39 DS helmet which I love. Cheap ($105), DOT, fits well, does the job just fine for me. It's the exact same shell as the FLY Trekker, but with clip chin strap, softer liner material, and I liked this color.

I find helmets to be a personal item. What others may like, may not be what you like. I ride off road 95% of the time, so I prefer a DS or MX style helmet. All my gear is MX gear. Boots, pants, jersey's, gloves, etc.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts