TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new helmet and cant make up my mind. I figured others would find this useful as well so here we go.

Does anyone have experience with cheaper entry level dual sport helmets? Fly Trekker, AFX FX39, MSR X-Pedition, GMax GM11D, maybe even ($$) the Speed & Strength SS2500.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have the Fly Trekker and I like it. I have nothing to compare it to, but I give it a B+. It fits well and looks good. Problem is it tends to fog up. Its been a great helmet though. Its lighter in weight than it looks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
1 vote for the GMAX GM11D. I still like it a lot.

See the previous helmet thread here.

See a GM11D thread here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I too have the fly Trekker ... great price at $125, looks cool (I put on the mirrored visor), fits comfortably, light and overall a decent helmet. Purchased from Motorcycle Superstore, free shipping and literally arrived 2 days later.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have the Fly Trekker and I like it. I have nothing to compare it to, but I give it a B+. It fits well and looks good. Problem is it tends to fog up. Its been a great helmet though. Its lighter in weight than it looks.

I echo Rainman's statement exactly. My wife and I both have the Trekkers and the only issue we have with them is a fogging problem when the humidity is higher. Oh, and I wish the visor had a "click stop" at the point where the bottom of the visor is just barely cracked open - that could help to prevent fogging issues but still prevent bees from entering.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bought the BILT Explorer Adventure Helmet. I like that it has the inner tinted visor use the inner visor only when it is hot. use both when ridding fast ans need sun shield. the inner sield can be moved with one hand while ridding. much more handy than stopping to put on sunglasses.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
bought the BILT Explorer Adventure Helmet. I like that it has the inner tinted visor use the inner visor only when it is hot. use both when ridding fast ans need sun shield. the inner sield can be moved with one hand while ridding. much more handy than stopping to put on sunglasses.

This one looks interesting, I like the added sun shield. Does anyone know who makes these for Bilt?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the bilt and wear glasses too. I don't have the explorer model, I think its the 'spirit' model, but it does have the inner sun shield. The helmet and exterior shield work fine with glasses. I didn't think I would be able to use the interior sun shield with glasses but its do-able if you really have your glasses pulled on tight.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
GMAX GM-11D...good helmet so far!,replaceable everything on the inside, including different size cheek pads so you can "tweek" the fit YOU want.The face shield is one of the clearest I've ever had!.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got the gmax and really like it . It doesn't fog as bad as the street helmet I was riding with, and has good ventilation. My only complaint is that it is wider and won't fit in my top box Like my speed and strength fullface did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts