TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys still having sort of a problem with my tw. It's been running great but every once in a while it will bog down .... Especially lately in 5th gear cruising at around 35-40 it will sort of sputter as I'm going ... It feels like a loss of power and it does it for a bit then stops, then will do it again. The carb is pretty much brand new and was just cleaned along with the tank, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Pretty much new? Might be running lean. The air/fuel mixture screw should be around 2 1/2 turns out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, and the fuel air mixture screw is the small brass one correct and yes it is 2 1/2 out.. And no there isn't a fuel filter on there. Could that really be cause cause of that. It really only does it at high rpm...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had the same problem with my Razz I tried cleaning the carb, cleaned the tank, messed with the electric stuff but all I had to do was put the airbox on it. :p

·
Registered
333 Posts
Take the carb off and check and clean every passageway, hole where fuel can possibility pass through and double check again. Also check fuel flow from the tank, should be a good steady stream. I had a Polaris ATV that had shavings in the carb since new, cleaned it out and ran good.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Was the air box missing... Or just on incorrect in your case?
I just got it and it was in a pile of plastics and lights so it was my fault.

·
Registered
614 Posts
There was a thread on the little piece of foam on the bottom of the seat and what it's for.The foam is there to block the wind from forming a vacuum and sucking the air out of the carb at higher speeds and causing the very same problem.
Something to look into.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
If you take the carb apart spend $5 or whatever and buy a brand new #114 jet and replace the one that is in there. I don't care how good it looks, how few miles are on the bike, etc., if you have a 1988 carb replace that jet. I did both of my 1987 TW's that were running very poorly at high speeds and it made a world of difference. Good luck. Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys not sure if this will help but the carb is new. The previous owner must have replaced the original with this... There's a little stick on it that says for motorcycle race only... Is it possible the jets are too lean ... I ordered a 114 and am going to put that on once it comes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts