• Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a XT600 gas tank from a forum member, and plan to repaint it, and would like to put my own touch to the TW. Actually, I had a plan to repaint the whole bike with the stock tank, but this deal cropped up, so my repainting is taking place sooner than expected.

The TW is a 2005 and is Black/Silver. My plan is to paint it with Black/Darkish, goldenish yellow.

Basis for my color theme: I'm retired Army. Army colors are Black and Gold. Army mascot is the mule. I ride real 4 legged mules. The TW is nicknamed the mule.

Here's what I've come up with. Gonna try the Voting Poll thing just for fun. If you can think of any other reasonable suggestions for the tank decal, go ahead.

1. Mule in horseshoe

2. Army Kicking Mule

3. 1950 Vintage Army Mule

4. Pack String

5. Mule Portrait

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would go with the kicking mule but replace the letter A with TW, unless your army connection is especially important.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm not very much into military things, but I like the vintage mule best!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went with the vintage mule being an Army Vet myself. What did you do with your stock tank and what are your plans with the plastic? If you are re-painting them I would like to talk to you first about swapping my uggo teal ones with you.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Perhaps I am prejudice as I would be inclined to think of something else. Given the options, I would pick the first. For me, this depicts a 'trustworthy and surefooted' (horseshoe) beast of burden. The Mule has the reputation of never letting the adventurer down. The other symbol suggests some degree of 'ass-kicking'. Personally, I don't see the TW or my riding style as really being able to "kick up my heals" enough to present it so 'loudly'. Just my opinion. Gerry

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are re-painting them I would like to talk to you first about swapping my uggo teal ones with you.

Plan A is for me to paint the metal parts; gas tank, frame, and maybe some other things here and there yellow. I'm a little unsure of painting the plastic a different color, and plan to keep the black plastic black. However, should plans change, I will consider a plastic exchange.

Perhaps I am prejudice as I would be inclined to think of something else. Gerry

Although I will add my personal touch with one of the above, or a variation thereof, I'm considering it an "addition" and not a replacement. Fear not, the trail-snail will live!

Kris

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Out of curiosity, I did a Google Image search for "Mule Clipart." I thought this one was interesting.. You could always transform the "tattoo" into a Yamaha logo, TW, or maybe an Army logo of some sort.

I liked this one too...

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've been considering a t-shirt design similar to the first one. I'll wear it to dualsport rides and such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts