TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a stock 2015 and I'm already dreaming of customizing it to my liking. I like the look of this exhaust/fender combo. Can anyone tell me if the fender was cut, or if there's an aftermarket fender option without the plastic flap? Also, what about the heat shield and/or muffler? It looks like a stock muffler but I've only seen a few with that shield. Thanks in advance

tw200_muffler.jpg

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Hi Rickerus, welcome to the forum!

Judging by the round headlight, tank design/color and no kicker, I believe that bike is a European TW125.

Where are you located?

Brian

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I also was thinking that was a TW125.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh interesting - thanks Guys! I'm in Marin, so pretty far from the nearest TW125 I suspect. I'd love to achieve something like that look without getting rid of the fender altogether, and I'm afraid cutting it would look hokey. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I like the round headlight. Got one to try sometime soon, maybe.

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Standard set-up on the TW225 (Japanese versions) — though I believe this was on the later models only. The additional shield on the exhaust was to compensate for the lack of side panel / rear fender overlap — goes well with the shortened rear end on these bikes.

0353-06.jpg 0353-20.jpg

The UK TW125 has the more standard exhaust / panel set-up — same as the American TW200

·
Registered
386 Posts
its a 225, they are all like that, all the 125 & 200 all have the longer rear plastic that covers the muffler as mentioned above. i have a brand new set of these rear 225 plastics, i also have the indicators, and a full headlight and bracket set and a muffler for sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...i have a brand new set of these rear 225 plastics, i also have the indicators, and a full headlight and bracket set and a muffler for sale.

Oh ya?! I'm definitely interested in the plastics, and potentially the other bits as well...can you PM me and let me know the details?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts