TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to purchase the Purple Camo wrap for my TW and Lizrdbrth lovingly put it on for me (what a great guy!)
However, we can't decide if we should put the black seat or the purple seat on it. In addition, we think the front fender should not be white either. Maybe a black fender? Or should we wrap the front fender too? However, we're running out of the wrap to do it in one piece. So we decided to post it out to our fellow t-dubber for their input. So what are your ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I definitely like the black seat and think a black fender would top it off perfect! Really like the wrap Man I would love that in an arctic cammo pattern! Where did you get it?

Eddie

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am thinking you should take it out in the desert and shoot it

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
http://www.metrorestyling.com/Small-Purple-Tiger-Camouflage-Vinyl-p/camopurpletigersm.htm

Be advised, this is a LOT work if you do it right.

Hard to tell from the pics, but this particular pattern is definitely WAY purple, as opposed to the blue normally found in Arctic Camo. They have others including standard Arctic as well.

It's also shiny. VERY shiny. Though it is the same quality 3M UV-protected film, this makes for a lot more work than the dull finishes such as Ronnydog and Jimbo are using Scars and scratches in your plastic will telegraph through the film and be more obvious due to the sheen. I was able to sand most of hers out, but if your panels are kinda hashed or if you're after a true stealth look I'd go with one of the matte finishes. I did most of the panels in one seamless piece, whereas with the matte camo you can do it as a patchwork rather then trying to form the material over all the compound curves, nooks and crannies in one shot.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I am thinking you should take it out in the desert and shoot it

LOL. I gotta save my ammo for fending off chupacabrii, black hellycopterz and revvynooerz.

How the heck are ya and when you gunna poke yer head outta the bunker and ride with us again?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Wrap the fender and tank, and use a purple seat.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The purple seat looks like it goes with it where the black one looks a little out of place to me.

Dan

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
I vote for black seat stays.

As far as the front fender, white not so good anymore. Black ok, but I'd keep the theme going with the purple wrap.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Either remove that purple crap or buy new white plastics.

Go with the black seat and definitely keep the bell on the helmet lock!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Wrap the fender and tank, and use a purple seat.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Use the leftovers you have, along with the leftovers from wrapping the tank and fender, to wrap the hand guards.

·
Registered
190 Posts
wrapping fender and tank would even out color. maybe wrap hand guards or paint black to match seat.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
wrapping fender and tank would even out color. maybe wrap hand guards or paint black to match seat.

Wrapping a Clarke tank isn't an option, and we're kinda stuck with the mass and "whiteness" of it. We could perforate it as Jimbo has done to slow down fuel migration, but then we'd have a zillion white "zits" showing through.

I have a spare pair of black Acerbis handguards, a black fender and the two seats so I think we'll swap around trying all suggestions mentioned (except those requiring firearms or toilet paper} til it "clicks".

·
Registered
232 Posts
OK I will give it a shot Purple,

*Stick with the black seat. it adds contrast

**remove the front fender and only camo the middle channel, leaving the white on the outside edges(EASY and E-camo-nomical)

***Then use a similar pattern that I used on my ride for the tank. I initally made a template and duplicated it mirror image style by fliping it over.

I also used a leather belt punch/tool to make the holes for off gassing poly tank. (I'm not sure it needs it but current sticker kits have holes on the tank graffics)

It will break up the bulb-ous look of the tank and is also E-Cammo-Nomical

****Then I think that little rubber piece at the rear end of your bike needs to be painted white and then cut squares of cammo out and place them on those middle squares to balance out the look.

***** put a purple stripe on those hand guards.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh Yeah! that option would look good too. maybe a tank logo in purple.

A Radio Active Purple Propeller.

Greenalder you are pretty impressive with that.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Speaking of propellers, mount a white plastic prop atop a purple helmet.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Tell me more about the wrapping process. How hard is it for a newbie to do? What special tools might one need? If you were going with a solid color (rather than a print like this camo), would you still favor vinyl over simple painting? Where can I learn more about what it takes to do this?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts