TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help needed with planning a trip around Zion NP, Utah

I will have a day to spend riding around Zion NP this summer (starting from the campground in the park, just East of Springdale). Any suggestions on where to go (off-pavement, and not too too far, my TW is running 12-55 sprockets, so I can't go too fast on the highways)? Lava Point overlook maybe? Dalton Wash road? Anything else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a gravel road north of Kolob (N- NW of Springdale) that goes to Cedar City. It's a nice scenic drive that's relatively high altitude. I just did it a few days ago on my KLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a gravel road north of Kolob (N- NW of Springdale) that goes to Cedar City. It's a nice scenic drive that's relatively high altitude. I just did it a few days ago on my KLR
Thanks! Is that Kolob Terrace road by any chance?

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
Just off Kolob Terrace is where the Red Bull Rampage event was held until last year I believe. Awesome landforms, would make for a good cruise on the roads but I would avoid the bicycle paths.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just off Kolob Terrace is where the Red Bull Rampage event was held until last year I believe. Awesome landforms, would make for a good cruise on the roads or suicide on the bike trails.
GoPro: Revenge at Red Bull Rampage 2016 - YouTube
never heard of it, but WOW! Wouldn't be surprised if insurance companies refused to sell life insurance to these guys.

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
No way.
I barely survived just watching the double backflip.:p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did, thanks! Great trips (he should really write a book), I will probably end up combining Smith Mesa Rd from his collection with a trip up Kolob Terrace to the Lava Point overlook. Maybe Gooseberry Mesa after that if I have time left, but I doubt I will. Good news is that I figured out last night how to attach a bag with two 5L jerry cans onto the passenger seat, that will give me more than 2 and a half extra gallons of fuel and should last the whole day. Anyone happens to be there in early July - feel free to come along!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts