TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this plastic tank on ebay for $1.50 . The guy I bought if from said he bought it at a yard sale as a spare for his XT350. I thought I might try mounting it on the TW. Does anybody know who makes the tank so I might find a cap?

There is a mfr mark on the tank, but I haven't been able to decipher it.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Can't see the front mount but I'm guessing it's for an '80's RT or IT or a really early YZ..

I don't recognise the logo. Probably not a Clarke. Acerbis or Aqualine, maybe?

·
Registered
567 Posts
TT-225 1986 ,87? edit: scratch that, it doesn't have the scoop mounts...It looks closest to a tt600 style, but it's probably IT, DT, or 80's YZ

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
rdm, Here's a thread that shows a variety of tanks including various angles. It won't tell you what YOU have but it will certainly help tell you what you don't have, and what characteristics might make an adapted tank easier to install. I thought your plastic tank looked a bit like the tt 500 or ? that I had considered once, but its not that either.

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/3062-tank-mod-finished/page__p__28209__hl__+peruano++plastic++tank__fromsearch__1#entry28209

You will have fun considering it (and get your money's worth) even if you tank turns into a flower pot for the balcony. Cheers. Tom

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I may scrap this idea and go with the clarke tw200 tank. I would be happy to pass this gem along to someone who wants it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts