TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sorry, i know im beating a dead horse by asking this question but i still need help. when i get a new bike the first thing i do is make it sound better. ive searched the web over and cant find any sites that just sell a full exhaust system for a 2011 tw200. anybody got any ideas? i seen one thread in the forum that said something about akropovik. ??????????? this is my first tw200,my first on off road too boot. please help a newbie. thanks abunch.. if i do find a full exhaust system does anybody know where i can get a jet kit? what about air intake? any mods required to the airbox? so lost!!!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
You don't need a jet kit, just a couple jets and a flat washer or two.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tdub has 47,500 miles on the origunal needle, seat, and gasket. Works fine. YMMV

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I don't know, his 2011 may have a few more miles on it than that.

There's a 2010 KLR that runs out of a town about 30 miles from here that's over 90,000.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tdub has 47,500 miles on the origunal needle, seat, and gasket. Works fine. YMMV

you take care of yours,

seems like every tw I get the carb is dry, full of debris, and the needles are fused shut.

Here in AZ where its 110 degrees at 10 o'clock at night, the fuel in a carb can evaporate in 23 secounds

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I've never had a KLR last me 90K cuz I usually get rid of them at 80K.

Then I go get a new one with the munny.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's my exhaust in the video - it sounds much better now on a TW200

But the Akrapovic doesn't sound half as good as the X-Racing, which is deep and low even with the noise damper on. Very enjoyable especially when you release the throttle, but not bad for the ears.

http://gallery.me.com/diana.lavarini#100587

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
could you please tell me if you know where i could find a akrapovic full exhaust for my 2011 tw200? after its broken in proper the stock exhaust has to go!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Uh, why would you care about the way it sounds? A slip-on that's not tuned to the engine will decrease your low end power. There is a really nice thread in the old forum where a guy built a custom exhaust that was tuned and everything (the specifics evade me at the moment). Back-pressure is IMPORTANT here. Go for a ride that has a lot of good ups and downs, then take off the end-cap and do it again. The losses are very noticeable.

-sS

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Uh, why would you care about the way it sounds? A slip-on that's not tuned to the engine will decrease your low end power. There is a really nice thread in the old forum where a guy built a custom exhaust that was tuned and everything (the specifics evade me at the moment). Back-pressure is IMPORTANT here. Go for a ride that has a lot of good ups and downs, then take off the end-cap and do it again. The losses are very noticeable.

-sS
Backpressure never adds power except at low rpm when using a radical cam. It isn't the backpressure from the end-cap, it's the way the shape of the muffler and the insert manipulate sound and pressure waves that make power.

·
Registered
220 Posts
im sorry, i know im beating a dead horse by asking this question but i still need help. when i get a new bike the first thing i do is make it sound better. ive searched the web over and cant find any sites that just sell a full exhaust system for a 2011 tw200. anybody got any ideas? i seen one thread in the forum that said something about akropovik. ??????????? this is my first tw200,my first on off road too boot. please help a newbie. thanks abunch.. if i do find a full exhaust system does anybody know where i can get a jet kit? what about air intake? any mods required to the airbox? so lost!!!

Big gun is what I run. Full exhaust including header. If you call them I know they are planning on a full exhaust build for tw's. The ttr225 will fit with slight mods. that is what I run. Exhaust size steps up several times through the run. Fairly large where it meets the can. plan on about 3 sizes up from main jet and a lot of fun. get the vortex quiet core too

·
Registered
918 Posts
The TW has turned into a commuter bike for me, not an offroad adventurer, so I just removed the spark arrestor. Much louder. If noise is all you're after then remove the spark arrestor, keep your money and put it elsewhere.

Most feel an increase with the slip-ons because they are usually advised to re-jet at the same time. If you re-jet on a stock TW you will also feel a difference. So what's making up that power increase, the re-jet or slip-on?? I don't doubt there's potential with an exhaust to gain power, but financially it isn't worth it to ME. To each their own though. And if I rode where a spark arrestor was required I'd think different, too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks everyone for your posts. they where very helpful in helping me to acheive a better running tw200.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts