TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bit of trouble and would appreciate a little help. Looking for a backrest for Baby Sister and also possibly supports to keep a pair of throw over saddlebags away from the mufflers. Saddlebag brackets would stay on permanently. I need the backrest to be quickly removable if Sister isn't with me though. Adjustable up/down or forward/back is a big plus.

Suggestions very welcome or links to sites that have them.

Thanks folks!! :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Suzuki DL 1000 & DL 650 V-Strom | 800-538-7035
Pretty spendy but looks good.
Accepts a removable backrest for your passenger to add more comfort and security. Corbin’s backrest models install with a single screw and adjusts easily to your copilot’s riding posture. We have several models of backrest available to suit your taste and the amount of support needed. Our new Ovalbac model #02-S (shown) also has backing plate options for a custom look and makes a great handhold for your passenger.
Also http://http://piratesk12site.net/SuzukiV.htm

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jon. The first link is for the Corbin seats and mine is a standard seat. The second link, Pirate, has some horrible customer service reviews and I think it needs to be able to slide back more for Sue. ?? Not sure yet though. Cheaper priced would be nice. Thanks for jumpin on this for me though little bro... :D

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Suzuki DL 1000 & DL 650 V-Strom | 800-538-7035
Pretty spendy but looks good.
Accepts a removable backrest for your passenger to add more comfort and security. Corbin’s backrest models install with a single screw and adjusts easily to your copilot’s riding posture. We have several models of backrest available to suit your taste and the amount of support needed. Our new Ovalbac model #02-S (shown) also has backing plate options for a custom look and makes a great handhold for your passenger.
Also http://piratesk12site.net/SuzukiV.htm

Reactions: Jon62602

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are good at looking stuff up Jon. I appreciate it too. You've always impressed me for being such a young man. I think I like you. :D

;)

Reactions: Jon62602

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2005 dl1000

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why not just look into a rear luggage rack and trunk setup. Works as a back rest and can hold lots of stuff so you may not even want the saddle bags. Had the Suzuki factory luggage when I had my 07 Wee Strom. Worked well.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Tinybear. I'm a big guy and sister and I take up more 2 up room than most folks. (I'm fat) I looked at some pictures of trunks and I just don't think there is room on the seat for both of us. Factory luggage would be too much $ for me. I need a backrest, saddlebags or tail bag that would fit on the backrest. Forward and back adjustments would be nice, up and down would be a plus too. Any one?

Why not just look into a rear luggage rack and trunk setup. Works as a back rest and can hold lots of stuff so you may not even want the saddle bags. Had the Suzuki factory luggage when I had my 07 Wee Strom. Worked well.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
L'il T...you might go on the appropriate Suzi forums and post up, asking the same questions.
You know those guys will know and somebody might actually have something for sale.
Don't want to be tossing Sister off the back!
Good luck...

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
257 Posts
That makes sense. But I can say when I had my dl650 I stood 6' 300lbs (slightly shorter :-( and lighter these days). And did a couple two up rides with the truck on with my younger sister who was close to the same dimensions as me at the time. It worked though was admittedly not too comfy.

That being said be carful of overloading the back of the bike. The suspension on my Strom and my brothers 1000 left a lot to be desired and I had a lot of head shake issues when loaded for longer trips. It's one of the big reasons I sold mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts