TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was swapping out my factory bars for high bars and when I was tightening down the master cylinder perch I snapped the clamp in half:mad:!

Now just to be clear the housing itself is fine just the clamp bar broke........... because it is clearly cast out of dried shit!!!!!!

If anybody has that piece laying around anywhere and can part with it please let me know. Thank you.

Tom

·
Registered
169 Posts
HI Dryden-if you can't find one locally from a junk yard or shop, and you need something quickly, I would consider "pipe strapping". Perforated metal tape that is used to support gas piping etc. It's cheap, available just about anywhere and it will work. It doesn't look pretty (except on a KLR), but might just work till your part comes in.
tape.jpg

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom I'll look at the parts I just bought to see if I have something that will work for you. I'm not sure if the drum break bikes have a similar part.
Thank you! No big deal if you don't. I will just have to order one and wait...................

Tom

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK problem resolved. I just ordered a new one along with a master cylinder diaphragm since I saw that leaking when the cyclinder was tilted slightly to the side. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts