TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 TW200
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I've limited electrical experience but I just bought a H3 Helmet Light system in hopes of better visibility/safety. However I cannot for the life of me find the corresponding wires that I can plug into the helmet ECU.

Link to item and (unhelpful) installation video attached; many thanks!

STEEL MATE H3 Wireless Helmet Brake Light and Running Light for Motorcycle Safety Rechargeable LED Signal Light for Helmet (Included ECU) https://a.co/d/ab81iIY

·
Registered
2021 TW
629 Posts
That is just a really generic video to be sure. I would think on the TW you could splice in under the rear fender/seat. The wiring for turn,stop and tail is right there easy to get to. Then you could mount the box somewhere near the battery or in the tool storage area as long as the relays arent gonna affect the signal.
Order yourself an inexpensive volt-ohm meter first from amazon,harbor fright,home depot or such. Then use some quality connectors so its durable. And especially if it may get wet.
If your really not sure you may want someone to do it for ya to save the headache. A car stereo shop could probably even install that for ya in less than an hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts