TW200 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I managed to get mine out with an impact driver, when it was still fairly new. Replaced the soft jis screw with a hex head bolt.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Screw is out. No Problem there.

Borneo:

No problem there. I can give as good (or better) than I get. ;)

Only reason mine undies are in a bundle is from four hours in the saddle this morning. Monkey butt big time. ....and now that lunch is over back at it.

Reactions: Borneo

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Mines still arresting sparks so I'll just leave it be.

Reactions: Borneo

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
..........four hours in the saddle this morning. Monkey butt big time. .....
You might look into these base layers: MSR Base Layer Short Skins - RevZilla

They increase my tolerance from three hours to five, especially in the summertime........We will never tell.....or at least I will never tell.

A bit hard to pee with, though. :D (Secret Tip: hike up one leg...get the picture?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Too many horror stories...
I decided to just leave mine alone. If I hear loose parts rattling inside, then I may decide to take a closer look. For now, I will let my high rpms blow the carbon out...
[/QUOTE take screw out..grab muffler tip with vice grips pb blast first rubber hammer it out. my 2019 was pretty rusty insde.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
live clean and never have an impure thought even then theres no way in hell to separate the part lol

In dozens of pipes I think I got one to finally come out I even soaked the pipe in 55 gallons of Amsoil and it didn't help

When it finally comes out you can't see what the heck was grabbing or binding and in theory they should come right out

I had a 2015 with 4 miles so just for giggles I tried to pull the spark arrester and it was already ust like it was welded in place lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
I did this write-up the other day. Complete with photos and everything!! Actually I was surprised no one commented on it. Hurt my feelings.... (sniff...)
How to remove spark arrester
I saw this post and immediately ran out to duplicate your good work on my new TW and I broke my wrist.

Sincerely, I wish I had commented on your supurb write up before I was incapacitated.

It was a good write up... really.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts