TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since I've been around but a recent purchase has me seeking some direction. I just bought my 10 year old son his first motorcycle! A 2001 XR80R and him and I are gonna be dirt riders soon! It is well used and has been sitting for a long time now, I popped the bowl off the carb to have a look and it certainly needs some tlc. I'm sure I can take it off and apart but I was hoping maybe someone could point me to an exploded view or detailed disassembly of the Keihin pc20J carb I've begun to dig into. One funky little hangy doo hicky that was between the float came off on me before I got a chance to see how and where it is located.
I also just need some confidence in my corner to ease my mind about taking this Keihin apart.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
For a schematic just go to Rockymountainatv's or Stadium Yamaha's online parts catalog. If the link works here is the schematic you are looking for. It doesn't appear to be that complicated, but I've found taking pictures during disassembly with a digital camera is sometimes useful when going back together. Good luck, and good riding with your son!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a schematic just go to Rockymountainatv's or Stadium Yamaha's online parts catalog. If the link works here is the schematic you are looking for. It doesn't appear to be that complicated, but I've found taking pictures during disassembly with a digital camera is sometimes useful when going back together. Good luck, and good riding with your son!

I'm stumped as to how you found a schematic for that carb on there, your link took me to the site but 5 minutes of effort turned up no schematic for me. I don"t know if I am searching with the wrong keywords or what. I must be terrible at this or something. I can come up with jets, rebuild kits etc etc. for the Keihin but no schematic. Is there any way I could get the link from the address bar from you? Stadium Yamaha doesn't even turn up an xr 80r model when I search. This is crazy.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Maybe you can find what you need at a Honda XR80 website instead of a Yamaha TW200 website? The Honda 80s are great little bikes and I'd be very surprised if there are no sites dedicated to them.

Perhaps this will help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe you can find what you need at a Honda XR80 website instead of a Yamaha TW200 website? The Honda 80s are great little bikes and I'd be very surprised if there are no sites dedicated to them.

Perhaps this will help.

I came here for the help because I'm a member here and I've owned tw's since I was 15, so I'm not out of place. Also this is the "other bikes and off topic" gate so once again I don't think my post is out of place right? I knew that one or more of the knowledgeable members here would easily and gladly help me out. The diagram lizrdbrth linked is gonna work fine for me but thanks all who replied.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You're fine, just let it roll off and forget about it.

I see people on other boards saying that this board has a few members who tend to run people off. I can see that being true.

Take yourself over to ADVrider for any tech qestions about any bike. There is very little BS over there and seldom any name calling.

We even have a large TW group over there. Nicest folks you'll ever meet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422523

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Wow! that happened fast. I understand part of the 'issue'. More than anything else, this moved (much) to quickly forward as a result of 'a bit of confusion' and a link that said Yamaha instead of Honda. Lets not bring what happened 'yesterday' to the table today............ Yeah, I am a guilty as the next guy, but felt compelled to say 'it'. Good luck with the carb issue. Peace/Love..... cause what we have tried so far hasn't seemed to work. Just my opinion. Gerry

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Oh, well. Suggest XR80 forums as a good way to find info on XR80s, post a link to a downloadable XR60 factory service manual, and you bitch? Good thing you have a girlfriend to defend you from us grumpy old internet trolls on these evil forums.

Good luck getting the 80 running, they are great little bikes.

I'm out of here for a while, I can only take so much of whining little brat attitudes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts