TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new wiring harness so i could hook up a ignition switch on a Tw i bought about almost a year ago! but i have trouble on finding which connector goes to which! i have a picture, does this look correct? On an OEM ignition cylinder the connector is red and this is the only connector thats red on my harness! does this look right? They slide in together perfect so i assume this is how its supposed to go! Its just that its so close to the rectifier it doesnt look like thats where its supposed to go! Do yall have any pictures of what your ignition switch connected to? It would really help! Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sorry no picture, but on stock components the multi-wire connectors up front are all unique. So if it fits properly, I believe you got it right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no picture, but on stock components the multi-wire connectors up front are all unique. So if it fits properly, I believe you got it right.
Hopefully i got it! Imma try it now hopefully i dont fry anything but ill post results in this thread! If anybody else has any idea please let me know!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i got it hooked up but unfortunately it doesnt even crank :( i always use to start this bike by just jumping the solonoid but i wanted to put the switch and ignition, looks like it didnt work, any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with kill switch and ignition cylinder connected, it doesnt even want to crank, heres a picture and i know im obviously missing the odometer and headlight, but am i missing something that would cause this no crank? I assumed i only needed the switch and key ignition

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Plug in the headlight or put a multimeter to it.

Here’s the Service Manual

Is it an OEM harness?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Is the side stand in the up position and transmission in neutral?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plug in the headlight or put a multimeter to it.

Here’s the Service Manual

Is it an OEM harness?
Thank you for the service manual! But it is an OEM harness!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the side stand in the up position and transmission in neutral?
Sorry for the late reply, i had seen it but forgot to reply, yes they were, it starts normal by jumping the two terminals on the starter relay! but cannot shut off without just stalling it :(

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, i had seen it but forgot to reply, yes they were, it starts normal by jumping the two terminals on the starter relay! but cannot shut off without just stalling it :(
Though not the most elegant way to stop your engine, you could just reach down and pull the cap off the sparkplug (probably best done while you still have your gloves on).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Though not the most elegant way to stop your engine, you could just reach down and pull the cap off the sparkplug (probably best done while you still have your gloves on).
Haha i do that too, i just dont do it cuz i dont want to take the chance of getting shocked

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good news everyone and a thank you to everyone that helped me with this, giving me useful tips and helping me find this problem! I cleaned all the grounds and got a PDF of the manual! I found out that the ignition cylinder wires were not connecting to the right wires! After studying the wiring i figured it out! It now starts by key ignition and the kill start button! Though the button does not shut the bike off tho, but for now its progress!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Very cool!

Do a continuity test on the button, to make sure it's functioning properly.

It's better to get in to the habit of shutting the bike off with the key anyway - there's less likelihood of accidentally leaving the key on & draining the battery that way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool!

Do a continuity test on the button, to make sure it's functioning properly.

It's better to get in to the habit of shutting the bike off with the key anyway - there's less likelihood of accidentally leaving the key on & draining the battery that way.
See thats my problem! Turning the key off doesnt shut the bike off! Nor does flipping the engine stop button!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now that i got it started by the button, how do i shut it off with the button? Or atleast turning the key off?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I recommend you stop making new threads for each electrical connection you need help with. Just keep this thread going, so people can recall the situation with your bike and harness replacement.

Not sure if I asked you this before... Where are you located? Maybe you can connect with another member here, who can let you inspect the connections on his bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts