TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics from a ride taken last weekend at Hemingway Butte, in Southwest Idaho. The weather was good, although a little overcast. I definitely had my fill of sand surfing for the day, as the bike seems to glide on top of the sand and wants to go into any adjacent rut that it encounters. Lesson learned = slow down. More pics to come.

DSC05858.JPG DSC05847.JPG DSC05857.JPG DSC05837.JPG DSC05831.JPG

·
Registered
976 Posts
Whaddya know, another great RR from Idaho!

Before joining this forum I had no idea how beautiful Idaho is, thank you for taking the time to share the views.

I'm gonna have to get up there to check out the scenery for myself one of these days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely come and check it out if you have the chance. Difficult to tell from the pictures, but a 30-45min ride from here and you can be riding in some forested areas around Silver City.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to make it up there someday, too. Thanks for the pics, that definitely looks like some good riding country. Did you do the hill climb? Nice looking bike. You should hook up with Admiral and Ron for the Peace Creek ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No big hill climbing this trip, and I DEFINITELY won't try to make it up that steep tabletop head-on if that's what you mean. :) I watch people with 250-600+cc's do it all the time, but it's not for me. I wish I could go on the Peace Creek Ride, but work won't allow it right now. I've never ridden that trail, but I've spent quite a bit of time in that area - they are going to have an awesome time. I hope they post pictures.

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
I definitely had my fill of sand surfing for the day, as the bike seems to glide on top of the sand and wants to go into any adjacent rut that it encounters. Lesson learned = slow down.
Hope to see more of your adventures!

Definitely had my issues with the sand out there myself. :eek:

Glad to see another TW'er riding out there. Fun riding when it's not crowded!

·
Registered
503 Posts
thanks for posting pics Chasman . Always like to see other parts of the country. TIM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts