TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,020 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I can't say I am surprised. Modern medicine has upset the natural balance of things, and our over reliance on antibiotics and such have led to this.
That's the political line given on the news feeds. However....

The first occurrence was in China in pigs, then to humans in a small village. Hardly a country that even has antibiotics on a national scale or the international contacts in remote villages where the first occurrence took place.
Later it was found in Africa, again a country that doesn't have much world contact or antibiotics to hand out willy-nilly.

So how does a 'super bug', that is supposedly mutated because of the over use of antibiotics first develop in a remote corner of the world in pigs before humans? It would seem to me, the super bug would be sourced where the drugs are used for the bacteria infections, not in some far-away land without the access to antibiotics.

BTW, this 'super bug' is a strain of E. coli.
You get an E. coli infection by coming into contact with the feces, or stool, of humans or animals. This can happen when you drink water or eat food that has been contaminated by feces. The best defense is if everyone just washes their hands.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That's the political line given on the news feeds. However....

The first occurrence was in China in pigs, then to humans in a small village. Hardly a country that even has antibiotics on a national scale or the international contacts in remote villages where the first occurrence took place.
Later it was found in Africa, again a country that doesn't have much world contact or antibiotics to hand out willy-nilly.

So how does a 'super bug', that is supposedly mutated because of the over use of antibiotics first develop in a remote corner of the world in pigs before humans? It would seem to me, the super bug would be sourced where the drugs are used for the bacteria infections, not in some far-away land without the access to antibiotics.

BTW, this 'super bug' is a strain of E. coli.
You get an E. coli infection by coming into contact with the feces, or stool, of humans or animals. This can happen when you drink water or eat food that has been contaminated by feces. The best defense is if everyone just washes their hands.
The interesting part of this process is that the bug, no matter where it originates, quickly becomes antibiotic resistant....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts