TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go. Thought I would do the carb mods to the bike to try to wake her up a little! Well I was going to try to drill the main but I cant find a small enough bit so I ordered a few. Still waiting on those. In the meantime I shimmed the needle and drilled the slide. She runs pretty good feels like more power but no dice on sustained high speed. It will slowly die out and I have to open the throttle wide open to get it to accelerate again and then its really slow to accelerate. I dont get it? I have adjusted the fuel ratio screw a few times no help.

Eddie

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
If you are still running the stock main jet, pilot screw and needle shims should not affect WOT performance at all. My guess is you screwed something up when you had the carb apart. Just a guess, but you probably need a new slide.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that would be just my luck! What I can't figure out is it runs great in the lower gears. Its not untill I get into 5th gear @40mph that this starts. I can then stop and go through the gears again untill I get up to speed again then it starts to surge and die?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Every time you shift you let off the throttle and allow create vacumn. Hold the throttle open, no vacumn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts