TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another nut job hell bent on murder and the fool on the hill immediately proposes more gun control.

When will these idiots ever realize they will never be able to legislate mental health and they will never stop those who go off the deep end with a death wish?

Too bad they are not smart enough to understand that just one person in that classroom carrying a legally concealed weapon might have been able to stop this carnage on the spot but instead all the students had to hide behind their desks like ducks in a shooting gallery waiting to be killed. Yet another case of a Gun Free Zone where only the killer had a gun and he knew he would have no resistance. I think it is very sad that one of those students was not in violation of the rules, packing a gun and killing this nut on the spot. Probably just as well because they would be looking to hang the student that saved the day.

Fools I say! We are being led by complete fools.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Reactions: WECSOG

·
Registered
312 Posts
Roseburg is my home town my family has been here for 80 years, it is a strong little town and we will get through this, my wife is a teacher and one of the kids shot was a former student needless to say it hit her hard. I see in the news some are suprised at the support of guns here, this is a right wing town and proud of it. We being smart people don't blame the gun we blame the shooter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
As a Obama supporter I am ashamed by peoples attitude about our President. Have you no respect for the person in the highest office in the United States? I always taught my children that they needed to know the 2 R's -- Respect and Responsibility. Something you people could learn. Calling him names and saying this and that is showing no respect. You have no idea what religion he is or his values. You have only heard what you want to hear and nothing else.
Anyone who thinks having more guns is the answer is so wrong. We need to limit the number and type of guns made and also how many a person can have. More rigid rules and laws are needed!!
With the number of shootings we are having in the USA your way of more guns and no laws regulating the ownership is not Working!! When are you going to wake up???

·
Registered
177 Posts
Here we go again indeed...obama supporter?...oh my god...thank you...you have helped him ruin our country....It is you people that will wake up far too late. Respect is to be earned...he has none coming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey you must initiate the mind to start trigger pull. In most cases the Devil is in charge. If you try to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ you would not have killed without cause. If you jump up saying Love Obama or anyone else you are lost. If you jump up and praise God and be inspired by his Grace you win. If we don't begin to Love each other we lose. The Human experience is Plain Fear the wrath of Jesus Christ . If this nut was targeting Christians so what's New nothing!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh yea I was packin heat yesterday last week and tomorrow. Personal protection is personal choice. If yesterday's nut had been in a class with a veteran with a concealed carry permit and sidearm the victim number would have been much lower!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was just told that our president said in his speech (didn't hear it myself yet) another country changed their gun laws and this type activity stopped. Really? Dear Mr. President, what country was that? Dear Media, Please pin him down on that comment!

Like the OP said, "When will these idiots ever realize they will never be able to legislate "mental health" and they will never stop those who go off the deep end with a death wish?"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remember Chris Kyle in Texas. That's right a trained sniper carried a nut job to a firing range to shoot guns and got shot????????? How Damn Stupid must we be. Mental Illness is real and this generation does not touch reality they live on video games and cell phones. Chris Kyle was texting on the way to the range with his friend in the front seat???? Have you not thought the nut in the back seat was not watching there expressions??? He was likely making his decision to shoot them for making funny faces etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
so how far would this guy have gotten if everybody had been armed? I know some people just hate guns and therefore no one should have them, in a rule town it can take up to 20 min for the police to show up just what am I supposed to do if a armed intruder comes into my house? would you take away my right to protect my family? gun laws are proven not to work on a criminals....so the only way to make this work is to make more gun laws???????why don't you wake up???

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
As a Obama supporter I am ashamed by peoples attitude about our President. Have you no respect for the person in the highest office in the United States? I always taught my children that they needed to know the 2 R's -- Respect and Responsibility. Something you people could learn. Calling him names and saying this and that is showing no respect. You have no idea what religion he is or his values. You have only heard what you want to hear and nothing else.
Anyone who thinks having more guns is the answer is so wrong. We need to limit the number and type of guns made and also how many a person can have. More rigid rules and laws are needed!!
With the number of shootings we are having in the USA your way of more guns and no laws regulating the ownership is not Working!! When are you going to wake up???
Yep those criminals will sure follow those guns laws won't they Mr Obama Supporter...?

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
"Forget the zero and remember the hero" - a valid point was made regarding not giving media limelight to the identity of these mass murderers. Gaining publicity seems to have been one of the motives for many of these deranged individuals actions. I would prefer if media never identified , and thus glorified these killers. Sure, let the reporters do their biographies and motive analysis to sell papers and get air time, but refer to the killer not by name but as simply "Another deranged killer goes on campus killing spree". Far sighted responsible journalists could easily replace killer's surname in their reporting with colorful and pejorative adjectives like "hated murderer" etc.
As far as our president's response goes, he sounded more unhappy that once again his calls for limiting firearm access were once again falling on an unresponsive audience. He sounded pissed that nation has become complacent and not respond to his rallying call for additional gun control after each event. Personally I feel there are so many firearms in circulation that despite any future regulation that those with evil intent will always be able to secure firearms. I would hate for this country to become like Brazil where lawful citizens are denied legal possession of guns yet the criminals have seemingly limitless access to black-market and smuggled guns and thus lead the world in firearm deaths. The government there tells the citizens to comply and not resist when robbed, kidnapped or murdered, to be a good passive victims.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
This pretty much says it all....although I don't expect Obama's Lap Dogs to view it this way....after all the Kenyan is such a warm caring person, you know, he is against Abortion of the unborn and for freedom of speech for those that dislike gay marriage and illegals stealing from the taxpayer :rolleyes:

Gun Control yes and no.png

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
single shot... single action... one can still have a killing machine, ya just need better shooting and reload skills...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
single shot... single action... one can still have a killing machine, ya just need better shooting and reload skills...
Yep, I'm sure the Gang Bangers and Drug Cartels will follow those requirements.... :D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quoted from mga60tw; "Anyone who thinks having more guns is the answer is so wrong. We need to limit the number and type of guns made and also how many a person can have. More rigid rules and laws are needed!!
With the number of shootings we are having in the USA your way of more guns and no laws regulating the ownership is not Working!! When are you going to wake up???"

Most of us here have been wide awake while those with this attitude are fast asleep in the safe and secure land called the USA. Only when such a heinous act hits very close to home will these peace loving individuals ever wake up. I feel very sorry for these anti gun advocates because they have no clue that every right and freedom they enjoy has been secured by a gun and with good people behind it. I carried a gun for my entire career and will continue to do so until I am gone. My Military lottery draft number was 262 which meant I would never have been drafted to serve during Vietnam so I enlisted the very next day because my country needed me. I had friends who ran to Canada and the operative term there is HAD! The name calling I did was IDIOT and if that shoe fits then go ahead and wear it because I fought for your right to think and feel any way you like and I stand by my actions.

Guns simply are not killers but people surely are. Mankind has been killing each other since the beginning, Cain killed Able with a rock and we have not advocated for the banning of rocks. Back when I was a kid most of my family adult members work in the Psychiatric hospital where the nut jobs were confined. Because of money they closed all the big Psych centers and left all the nut jobs to live among us until they commit a crime against society. They walk among us and only they know what is in their minds and one can go off the deep end at any moment and in any place and for any reason and I refuse to be a victim because that is crazier than crazy. The second amendment has served this country very well for hundreds of years and more people are killed every year by hammers and blunt instruments than guns but no one wants to ban those. It is not about gun control but it is about control and the only ones controlled by stricter gun laws are those who don't need control. Do you really think this guys mother or his friends didn't know he was a nut job? If he could not get a gun then there are millions of other deadly actions he could have taken. His mind was set on pure carnage and I don't care what weapon he used he was going to kill and nothing could have stopped that so take your gun control and shove it.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your location; frozen wasteland of the barren north ( Yukon Territory, Canada.

I hope you know that frostbite can affect brain cells! Why not just equip all the cops with ball and muskets and revert back to the old days so the criminals at least have a chance. Let me know if a Polar Bear or real bad guy ever gets after you, I have a nice single shot .22 short I will lend you so I can film the show with my Go Pro.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 155 Posts