TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Looks like fun. I'm impressed that the contraption survived the first rider.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
That there is funny. I'd be in the water, TW and all, before the pivot point!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've been told the contraption is the result of mixing engineering students with alcohol.

Looks like the trick is to keep speed fast enough to control direction, slow enough to overcome the weight of the contraption not allowing it to rock quickly enough, weight over the bars until it rocks over, then shift to over the fender before hitting the end. I'm surprised nobody just used it as a ramp and jumped to the top of the bank.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I've rode/crashed off a couple of those things on my mountian bike. It's a weird feeling when you get past the balance point and start falling.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice to have a big group like that to go for a ride on the trails and in the woods.

How do you get back across the other way? Someone has to pull the ramp down and it looks like you'd land in the water on the other side. I guess the last guy across is screwed, no one to hold the ramp down for him.

Edit - looks like the weight of the tire hanging from the low end holds down that end of the ramp, so they just tie the tire on to the other side and release the first one to get it to balance over the other way. Clever.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Actually, it's a stupid and dangerous game. Why do the seesaw stunt when the center support could be lowered to make a fine bridge? Frat boys = profit. Hold my beer and watch this!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You're right. but I guess this is a way to thin out the herd.

They probably also never even thought about building the bridge flat straight across. Too much thinking to solve the problem.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
You guys need to look at some video from the North Shore area of Canada. What these guys build and then ride on is unreal!

·
Registered
928 Posts
That made me clench just watching it. But it's something I'd probably try to do at least once. Of course, I'd be the one that falls in before reaching the tipping point.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I hate wooden obstacles so I would be going through the water to the left.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts