TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I drive around Baltimore I'm amazed at how many Heroin addicts I see leaning over totally whacked on heroin. Who in there right mind says one day. "I'm going to try Heroin" I learnt at a young age when by best friend in sixth grade died of a heroin overdose
The sad thing it's not only in the big cities anymore the small Mayberry towns are effected as well. Educate our youth!!!

Thought I would share this with you.

[video]http://thatguysonheroin.com/[/video]

·
Super Moderator
17,920 Posts
Looks like my neighborhood.

As I drive around Baltimore I'm amazed at how many Heroin addicts I see leaning over totally whacked on heroin. Who in there right mind says one day. "I'm going to try Heroin" I learnt at a young age when by best friend in sixth grade died of a heroin overdose
The sad thing it's not only in the big cities anymore the small Mayberry towns are effected as well. Educate our youth!!!

Thought I would share this with you.

[video]http://thatguysonheroin.com/[/video]

·
Registered
545 Posts
You know, The family of an addict gets tortured each and avery day as well,
They go to lengths to try and help and they hurt them selves with "What ifs" and "I could have done"
My wife is one of 5, The younger brother and sister were addicts till last year the 37 year old brother passed away in a Wendys bathroom, The 35 year old sister Megan blamed the single stall bathroom and not the dealer for selling pure fentinol or her and her brother for being addicts,
Megan is still with us as her and her Hubby Nelson do heroin every day and watch each other with a dose of Narcan which they use to bring each other back from what we hear, ON a somewhat regular basis,
Ive BANNED Negan from our house and our holiday events ! !! I told my wife Eileen "There is NO FRIGGIN way she's going to OD and die in OUR bathroom"
I like our house, I don't want to move and have that as a memory,
Truly its a hard drug to beat, BUT it can be done ! !
I hired a guy Ive known for 35 years and he spent the money his grand mom gave him for college on Heroin, Some $60K over 4 years,
Hes a great guy,
Now has a house, Wife and two kids and hasn't gone back to the dark side in over 15 years,
~ ~ ~
Some if it is will, Courage, Being tired if farting up and wanting better of yourself,
I don't know what will make a person quit,
BUT MEGAN PLEADED with her family to loan her $80 so she could go to the SAME DEALER which sold her brother the fatal dose so SHE COULD GET HIGH BEFORE THE FUNERAL or she would not be able to go due to withdraw symptoms,
Im proud to say that Eileen didn't buckle,
BUT another sister did,
This apparently was NOT ENOUGH to get Megan to quit,
We buried Partick April 2015,
He was the only son, This broke his fathers heart who thought Patrick would beat it one day and become a famous somebody,
Dad passed this past July of what I feel was a broken heart at 69 years old,
~ ~ ~ ~
The families who deal with the addict are tortured each and every day waiting for the call from the police,
~ ~ ~ ~
I am glad that my biological family has none of these issues,
Its hard to see Eileen deal,
But we DO NOT loan, Give or other wise assist Megans habit,
We offer love,
Encouragement,
Help,
Hope and anything else she can possibly ask for that does not involve money,
Which sadly enough is nearly nothing,
~ ~ ~ ~~
OK,
Ive said my part,
Its a tough habit to beat,
~ ~ ~
PS,
Im a carahaulic,
Between the nearly dozen cars and bikes I have an maintain, I spend quite a bit of dough,
But as Eileen pointed out,
Its not nearly as much as Megan and her husbands $100 a day habit,
Yep,
$35000 a year on drugs which is interesting as they both work full time shitty jobs, Live in a $450 a month crappy apartment and the rest, You guessed it,
Meanwhile I bought a house for $16k, No copper, No furnace, Broken windows and all, It was the cheapest house in the nicest neighborhood,
I put blood, Sweat and tears into the house for a year and this is where we live, Granted we chose this path, But the whole deal was still less than their habit for ONE YEAR ! ! ! !
Sad shame,
~ ~ ~ ~
As I write I am guessing I'm more pissed than I thought,
Guess I need to buy or build a minibike as therapy,
~ ~ ~ ~
Be careful our there folks,
Hope I didn't say too much.
Sincerely
Peter B

·
Super Moderator
17,920 Posts
When folks are that far gone and addicted, sometimes only the good Lord can help. If only they'd ask him...

You know, The family of an addict gets tortured each and avery day as well,
They go to lengths to try and help and they hurt them selves with "What ifs" and "I could have done"
My wife is one of 5, The younger brother and sister were addicts till last year the 37 year old brother passed away in a Wendys bathroom, The 35 year old sister Megan blamed the single stall bathroom and not the dealer for selling pure fentinol or her and her brother for being addicts,
Megan is still with us as her and her Hubby Nelson do heroin every day and watch each other with a dose of Narcan which they use to bring each other back from what we hear, ON a somewhat regular basis,
Ive BANNED Negan from our house and our holiday events ! !! I told my wife Eileen "There is NO FRIGGIN way she's going to OD and die in OUR bathroom"
I like our house, I don't want to move and have that as a memory,
Truly its a hard drug to beat, BUT it can be done ! !
I hired a guy Ive known for 35 years and he spent the money his grand mom gave him for college on Heroin, Some $60K over 4 years,
Hes a great guy,
Now has a house, Wife and two kids and hasn't gone back to the dark side in over 15 years,
~ ~ ~
Some if it is will, Courage, Being tired if farting up and wanting better of yourself,
I don't know what will make a person quit,
BUT MEGAN PLEADED with her family to loan her $80 so she could go to the SAME DEALER which sold her brother the fatal dose so SHE COULD GET HIGH BEFORE THE FUNERAL or she would not be able to go due to withdraw symptoms,
Im proud to say that Eileen didn't buckle,
BUT another sister did,
This apparently was NOT ENOUGH to get Megan to quit,
We buried Partick April 2015,
He was the only son, This broke his fathers heart who thought Patrick would beat it one day and become a famous somebody,
Dad passed this past July of what I feel was a broken heart at 69 years old,
~ ~ ~ ~
The families who deal with the addict are tortured each and every day waiting for the call from the police,
~ ~ ~ ~
I am glad that my biological family has none of these issues,
Its hard to see Eileen deal,
But we DO NOT loan, Give or other wise assist Megans habit,
We offer love,
Encouragement,
Help,
Hope and anything else she can possibly ask for that does not involve money,
Which sadly enough is nearly nothing,
~ ~ ~ ~~
OK,
Ive said my part,
Its a tough habit to beat,
~ ~ ~
PS,
Im a carahaulic,
Between the nearly dozen cars and bikes I have an maintain, I spend quite a bit of dough,
But as Eileen pointed out,
Its not nearly as much as Megan and her husbands $100 a day habit,
Yep,
$35000 a year on drugs which is interesting as they both work full time shitty jobs, Live in a $450 a month crappy apartment and the rest, You guessed it,
Meanwhile I bought a house for $16k, No copper, No furnace, Broken windows and all, It was the cheapest house in the nicest neighborhood,
I put blood, Sweat and tears into the house for a year and this is where we live, Granted we chose this path, But the whole deal was still less than their habit for ONE YEAR ! ! ! !
Sad shame,
~ ~ ~ ~
As I write I am guessing I'm more pissed than I thought,
Guess I need to buy or build a minibike as therapy,
~ ~ ~ ~
Be careful our there folks,
Hope I didn't say too much.
Sincerely
Peter B

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Well, having been the victim of heroin addict's thievery and attempted murder, I say let them kill themselves.
No narcan unless you buy it for 2k.

So tired of the bullcrap from people that don't care about themselves or their families.

Let them die slow.

Sorry. Been there and definitely had to deal with it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Well, having been the victim of heroin addict's thievery and attempted murder, I say let them kill themselves.
No narcan unless you buy it for 2k.

So tired of the bullcrap from people that don't care about themselves or their families.

Let them die slow.

Sorry. Been there and definitely had to deal with it.
The other day I saw a woman with this beautiful little girl getting some grocerys. The woman was oosing with meth sores. I thought to myself that little girl doesn't have a chance in life, what a shame.

Hate to say it, but I am with Smitty. The drug habit in this country is most likely bigger than the military budget. And who pays but the working stiffs that pay for all the handouts. As hard as it is to see someone go down that path, it is on them, they know the road they are taking.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Seems like the only cure is another drug which is cheaper and more potent,
What is it from ROBOCOP,~ ~ NUKE ~ ~
There have been addicts throughout the ages and I wonder if its due to the fact that the dumber breed way faster then the intelligent and the dumb shall inherit the earth?
As I say this, Its 5:38am and I have to leave for work so I can support someone who doesn't work, And they are still up, Watching Jerry Springer on their 72" TV which I paid for,
Sheesh,
Peter B

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It only moves the pain to the families and friends.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Al this statement is so true. I have a friend with three youngs kids and a wife, who's lives are in total chaos. His wife lost her nursing license and is hooked on prescription drugs and Fentanyl. He told me yesterday it's like a nightmare that he can't wake up from.
This family had the Americn dream, and now there lives are now circling the drain.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Such a bad scene. Same could be said about alkyhol abuse. How many thousands have died because someone decided they were "fine to drive" after a few beers. Outlawing such stuff doesn't seem to work based on prohibition. Opium has been used to disable societies in the past, with successs, ask China. Interestingly enough, strict Islamic countries don't have such problems, go figure. Opiates are poor but my observations would indicate that meth is far more destructive and induces far more violence. What to do? I know I have no interest in converting to Islam. Actually quite a parallel scene as in the last days of Rome, we know how that ended.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The hardest part is how it turns every effort to help into more opioids. If you love them, keep loving them by not giving them a dime or anything that can turn into a dime. It's part of the disease to lie and steal, so strong is the drive. Suboxone is not a cure all but it can break the cycle of acquisition, use, and fear of withdrawal so they can work on getting their life back. If someone is on suboxone and they have a job, no court dates, and their family speaks to them...they are clean as far as I'm concerned!!

Some must watch while others must sleep

·
Registered
545 Posts
The hardest part is how it turns every effort to help into more opioids. If you love them, keep loving them by not giving them a dime or anything that can turn into a dime. It's part of the disease to lie and steal, so strong is the drive. Suboxone is not a cure all but it can break the cycle of acquisition, use, and fear of withdrawal so they can work on getting their life back. If someone is on suboxone and they have a job, no court dates, and their family speaks to them...they are clean as far as I'm concerned!!

Some must watch while others must sleep
And we watch Megan and Nelson and their view is why bother, The heroin dealer is easier to deal with,
I drive past these methadone clinics at 6am and they have likes of why I call recovering addicts,
But this I think is a small percent of heroin users,
Tis a shame we get anywhere 18 to 30 family members to our house for thanksgiving and then again tree decoration day,
Yet those two aren't invited,
Yes they blame me and at times I am sure they hate me,
Yet to preserve MY sanity, They can go eat chips and drink mountain dew for Thanksgiving,
Its hard on all of us,
Yet we make due and during Thanksgiving the TW200 doesn't cool off with all the rides around the neighborhood,
What a good time coming around the corner ! ! !
Peter B

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I used to do heroin, scag, skeet, smack, junk, BROWN SUGAR! The best....

I got over it. I say let it be free. It's not as bad a everyone makes it out to be. Many today are addicted to Norcoes, Vicadins, Crown
Royal,

I guess some can handle it and some can't.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts

I got over it. I say let it be free. It's not as bad a everyone makes it out to be. Many today are addicted to Norcoes, Vicadins, Crown
Royal,

Glad you were able to quit but far too many can't. The safest bet is to never test fate. The problem with even trying drugs is you never know how they will affect you personally until it MAY be too late.

Tom

·
Registered
553 Posts
Sad state of affairs. On the other hand, something a little off course but interesting.
Several years ago I came upon a French Canadian movie, subtitled, which I found better than good. Won a bunch of awards and, of course I don't remember the name. The gist of it was a middle aged man dying of cancer and the available drugs were just not makin it as is the usual case. His estranged daughter was a heroin addict and he asked for her help. She fixed him up and not only did the drug do wonders for him but it brought them both back together. So, there is a good use for that stuff and I am not sure why it is not more widely used in these circumstances. I have heard that it is a much better choice that, say, morphine in that case. But don't quote me. I'm no expert.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Royal,

I would say glad you quit, but instead I'll say glad that you were able to chose the route you wanted to take. Without drugs we wouldn't have 1/2 the music, Art or Literature we currently enjoy.

If anyone wants to read a good WTF, google Berkeley County West Va sheriff heroin. The guy ( who will almost certainly win ) has been revived with Narcan at his house by EMS for heroin overdoses. I took a ride through that county today and the back roads are littered with his election signs in front yards. Once he's in, he can't be touched as an elected official without impeachment ( like Joe Ariepo wont ever be jailed ). So this new sheriff ( who has a house in Berkeley county ) but lives in another county ( for safety ) will be busting drug users to fill the privately owned jails that are ( in this area VA / WV ) guaranteed 99% occupancy or a non occupancy penalty has to be paid by the county to the private jail. I think we need a direct hit by a meteor before Election Day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts