TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which chain do you guys recommend I purchase? 2005 XT225. ~8,000 miles on the bike. I see a large disparity between chain prices, from $60-$140 for an O ring type chain. If I go cheap will I regret it? I've only owned the bike for 2 weeks but the current chain looks a bit rugged and has a tiny bit of extension/compression, so I want a backup ready. Thanks for the advice in advance!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
With 8k miles, I'd say it's definitely time to replace that old chain. Don't wait til it breaks... Get a good quality O-ring chain of the same size, with the same number of links. Also replace both front and rear sprockets at the same time. O-ring chains require much less frequent adjustment.

Reactions: Ruri

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With 8k miles, I'd say it's definitely time to replace that old chain. Don't wait til it breaks... Get a good quality O-ring chain of the same size, with the same number of links. Also replace both front and rear sprockets at the same time. O-ring chains require much less frequent adjustment.
kj, I will definitely check the sprockets and post some pics if I am unsure. Thanks for the heads up!

Fred thanks for the link, ordering it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts