TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either the 29/30 of October or 5/6 of November. Any day is fine with me.

We can meet at Twisted Throttle in Exeter, RI; we can meet at Pachaug SF in CT; or we can meet at my house. Last Year JB882 and I had a tech day/ ride which was really convenient for me, because JB882 (the only one who showed up) came to my house and basically did all kinds of maintenance on my bikes while I stood around with my hands in my pockets. :D And then we went for a ride. Thanks again, Jim.

Camping is available at Pachaug State Forest and its free that time of year if you want to camp.

We can do easy, we can do more challenging, whichever you prefer. I can probably get Mrs Trip to lead an easy route if there is interest in both.
It will surprise you how much good riding we have in the area if you have not ridden around here before.
The weekend of the 29/30 is also when AkaRob's Halloween Camp & Ride (search ADVRider) is this year at Pachaug. We can join those guys or do our own thing.

If anyone is interested post up!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If we can manage a camp-out, I would suggest a full day ride on Saturday, and a half day jaunt on Sunday.
For a single day event, either day would be fine for me.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I will keep an eye on this thread to see which days are settled on.

Tom

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, let's pencil in the 29th. Wild Bill, will the Mrs be accompanying you too? That would be great.
We've ridden with Jim and Jen before, and we'll look forward to doing so again.
Tom, its a long way for a day ride, but that would be cool if you can make it. Hopefully, we'll have a few other takers as well. I say leave the 30th open, too, so we can pick the better weather.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my signature is a link to "Take the Puppy to the Beach" which is a fun, dirt and paved route from Greenfield, Massachusetts that will take you right by Pachaug State Forest (actually, it runs through Arcadia State Forest which is the contiguous RI Forest.)

For those who do not know, Greenfield, Ma is the end point of the Trans Mass Trail that runs to Winstead, CT: it is also the start point of the Puppy Dog Route that runs the full length of Vermont up to the Canadian border.

The Puppy to the Beach route also includes an alternate spur that connects with the Hampster Route, which will take you the length of New Hampshire again ending at the Canadian border.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I lived on James Street. My family moved in 1969.

·
Registered
148 Posts
"spending the hours reminiscing ......"

Hey Rhodetrip, no my wife, Patti, won't be coming along. She needs to obtain her m/c license and the next safety course isn't until next spring.

Spawner, I was thinking about taking a direct, secondary road route from Vermont/New Hampshire to Pachaug on Friday and camp and be ready to meet, greet and ride with everyone on Saturday, then camp Saturday night and head back north Sunday. If there's a route from Greenfield, that would be great but when were you going to head down, Saturday? Another thought,,,,I have a utility trailer that can carry a couple bikes. Saturday morning I could drive to Massachusetts, pick you up and head to Pachaug. What do you think?

And Rhodetrip...just so you know, yesterday I drove passed a covered bridge, one I regularly pass in the Woodstock area and low and behold, it was the bridge you photographed and sent to me. I pass this bridge all the time but only see it from the side. I don't look at the entrance as I pass it and I did yesterday and recognized the signage that was in your photo. Sorry about that.

Oh and just so you all know, it's not unusual for us to have snow here at the end of October and if we do I may be out due to plowing; sanding obligations.

·
Registered
736 Posts
same weekend as our campout near Wyalusing PA. I will be posting an open invite for that...our group has a wide variety of bikes...but 350 miles is a bit far for me to ride, even on a bike road bike anymore. weather can get iffy that time of year.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wild Bill, Im not sure what my plan is at the moment but I am certainly interested in going. Most likely heading down sat morning and spending one night will be the most viable option. Im trying to recruit one other Tdubber. I will keep you posted. What time Sat would riders be meeting? And how much riding is there in/around pachaug?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
same weekend as our campout near Wyalusing PA. I will be posting an open invite for that...our group has a wide variety of bikes...but 350 miles is a bit far for me to ride, even on a bike road bike anymore. weather can get iffy that time of year.
Post that invite! Wyalusing is a whole bunch closer for me than RI.

Tom

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Just wanted to bump this back up to see who is still interested / going?

Jenn and I are still planning on being there and both of us are very much looking forward to it.

For anyone interested in going but is on the fence i can assure you that it will be a very fun filled day. Rhodetrip is an awesome tour guide and knows that area so well. I have ridden this area with him twice, once with my girlfriend, Mrs Trip and Turtledub on a nice relaxing easy ride and last year he and I went on a more "advanced" ride and had a blast both times. This ride will be no different.

Here is our group shot from last time.

We need more fat tires in the next one....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts