TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Don't know...but took in the Reds hosting Cleveland on Monday Night last, and my buddy Andy and I had seats in the outdoor bar/deck called the Riverdeck...looking over Left Field at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati...front view of the game rear view of the Ohio River looking into Kentucky....the Giants Stadium, unlike the city is a Cool Venue....:cool:

Anyway at Cincy Monday{for some reason can't upload photos today...system is F*ed Up it appears} the Seats were $75 which included 2 free beers, full buffet, and Big Screen TVs if the sun was in your eyes{which it was}:cool: for the first few innings....

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Wave as you pass by! Have fun!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holly Smackroll! :eek: Top of the eight & SF is getting their a**'s handed to them again 2-0 so they resort to bean ball! A 96 mph bean too!

" Bryce Harper takes exception to getting hit by Giants pitcher Hunter Strickland, and Harper connects on a punch to the face of Strickland."

All we got was a fireworks show after the game!

:D m.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Mrs. MHoMadness & I had a good time on Friday. We took the Giants Ferry to the ball park. (Just to clarify, that's a type of boat :confused1:)

P1010186.JPG

It's a nice park! Look at the crazy seats we had! Smack dab between home & 1st.

P1010188.JPG

Here's a pic of that Buster Posey at bat.

P1010195.JPG

There was one heck of a fireworks show after the game. All in all a good time! :icon_thumleft: m.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I liked the stick but the winds were terrible. If you tried walking up some of those tunnels with a full beer you would be wearing half of it. The new stadium is very nice (and expensive!). Taking the ferry is the way to go. We hop on the Vallejo one and nice to enjoy a cold beer while cruising over to the park. I try to catch one Giants and one A's game a year. The rest of the baseball season is spent seeing the Sacramento Rivercats. (Giants AAA team). Easy .5hr drive along sacramento river, free parking, and soooo much cheaper.....:D

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
That one is going to leave a bruise!!! Busch league move by the pitcher/punk arse!

Tom
Harper is a punk as well...tossed the Helmet like a little sissy, instead of "Manning Up" and fighting...I don't like either team, but Harper is a punk in the Nth Degree :violent1:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
2nd deck front row behind Home Plate last night in Cincy as unlikely slugger Scooter Gennett hit 4 home runs and drove in 10 as the Reds blasted the Cardinals 13-1

Scotter 4 Home Run Game.jpg

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Well, for a baseball lover like yourself, what a rare piece of history you got to witness in person! You must be living right. Hard to believe that guy had only hit a total of three homeruns all season!

Tom

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you're HOT yer HOT! Wonder if he was tired after all that jogging round the bases? Naahhh! :cool:

And +1 what Tom said! :icon_thumright: m.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well, for a baseball lover like yourself, what a rare piece of history you got to witness in person! You must be living right. Hard to believe that guy had only hit a total of three homeruns all season!

Tom

He only had about 100 at bats this year...a Cincinnati Native, he was a free agent so the Reds stole him from the Brewers...

Speaking of Lightning Striking Twice...back in 1999 Wade Boggs was pushing 3000 hits, so I purchased tickets for the Indians game at Tampa Bay before our South Florida vacation...Boggs needed 3 hits to reach 3000 on the night we were there...after striking out the first time up...he got a double, a single, and late in the game...he came up and rocketed a rare{for him} Home Run...oldest son video taped the entire events{all his at bats} and we have it on tape to DVD to this day, some 18 years later....along with the 3000 hit cards they handed out when we exited and the ticket stubs...:cool:

boggs3000 hits.jpg

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I tried pasting this into Google Translate and it was no help. Obviously a rare and hard to learn language! :)
Written like I used to do my News Stories before broadcasting....besides you guys do Rugby speak :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts