TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I just signed up as a member and wanted to intro myself.
I am a new TW rider and a brand new dual sport rider. I have been riding street bikes for 15 years ... Currently a 94 honda magna 750 that I love.

The tw I picked up is a 92 with a little under 7k showing on the odo. It seems to be in pretty good shape overall. I got it yesterday and put 40 miles on it .. Feels good and has newish tires. I grabbed it to try to get a taste of dual sport riding and see what I think of it.

So...hi....and a question or two:
Any known or common issues I should look for ?
Any tips for finding un-paved fun ..... I am in central ny near syracuse.

I have found that the forum I use for my magna ( v4 muscle bike.com ) has been invaluable in tips and info so finding what looks like a good one for the tw was a top priority.

So...hello and thanks in advance. image.jpg

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Hey Bentzra, I'm not to far from you! Groton, NY, a little town about 8 miles west of Cortland. I know of a few good spots around here. Not allergic to mud are you? :)

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations, it looks like you found a nice clean, unmolested TW. No particular issues for that year, and maybe just a few peculiarities depending upon how you plan to use it. Use your Honda for the freeways and your TW will handle will handle just about everything else. I suggest you just ride it and let know if you have any questions or need any help.

(I hope that you have a cover for your Honda, because you may soon find that it is being left behind in the garage ;) !)

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scotti .. I am a big newbie to off road stuff but don't mind getting dirty ( I'll actually be down at Lab mtn for the warrior run this weekend). Maybe we can get together sometime?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I Googled the Warrior Run, wow, you certainly aren't afraid to get muddy!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I urge you to replace the front tire with a shinko 244 or kenda k270! I use the kenda an love it! Great on and offroad. There are many other front tire choices but, these seem to be the best of both worlds. Stock lacks traction in a serious way. I washed out with the stock tire and well, I'm never ever ever going back to stock. Nice lookin t-dub!

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

Reactions: 671tdub and Fred

·
Registered
20,477 Posts
In unanimous agreement with all the above. Welcome.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hey guys,

I am another brand new Tdub owner compliments of this forum. I started reading this site 30 days ago while considering my first new bike in 23 years. Last Saturday I bought a new 2013 holdover and have already put over 200 miles on it. I am not a member of any other forum of ANY type but feel strangely comfortable with this one so that must reflect well on all of you guys! Anyway I see we have some riders real close to me hear in Dryden, NY. I sense a potential meet and greet someday soon?

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hey Scotti158, I am really close to you as well. I am in Dryden and only been a t-dub owner for 10 days now. 200 miles later I love this little bike!

Tom

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey guys,

I am another brand new Tdub owner compliments of this forum. I started reading this site 30 days ago while considering my first new bike in 23 years. Last Saturday I bought a new 2013 holdover and have already put over 200 miles on it. I am not a member of any other forum of ANY type but feel strangely comfortable with this one so that must reflect well on all of you guys! Anyway I see we have some riders real close to me hear in Dryden, NY. I sense a potential meet and greet someday soon?

Tom
Oh you should know we need to see pictures, tw owners are nosy. ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Over and over ye sayeth this and yet I ride it hard and aggressively and I still can type this. :D
Then you must use glue, spikes, or have super t-dub powers! Can you say you don't drop it or lose traction often? If you can say that then wow... Super tw

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
tce, I started racing MX in 1970. Ran poop bikes cause thats what we could afford. I can run just about anything. Am I going to replace when due with stock? Not a chance, I trust the collective wisdom here. But, can I run that stock front without dropping...yes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts